½ ton Trucks
ANY BODY SEAM WELDING( outside of what is clearly outline in rules) WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO FIX THIS AT THE DERBY.
ANY FRAME SEAM WELDING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS OUTLINED IN THESE RULES WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET YOU LOADED
ANY MORE THAN 4 FIX IT PLATES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ANY FRAME PLATING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS STATED IN RULES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
All trucks will be permitted 4 total 4”x4” fix it plates on frame. Cannot be used as kicker or internal gusset. Plates must be started 1 full inch apart with ½” bead of weld all the way around permitted. Plates cannot be cut apart
These are not suggestions, the following is what you can do. If it doesn’t say you can, you cannot.
Half ton trucks with HALF TON SUSPENSION and maximum of 6 lug axles only permitted
- 4 wheel drives permitted but must remove one driveshaft
- SUVs allowed
- No leaf conversions
- No Beadlocks or bead protectors allowed
- No kickers of any fashion will be allowed no matter the interpretation
1. 4 Point cage permitted with gussets in the corners, maximum 6” cage material. You may have a gas tank protector in the bed or off seat bar in Suv, tank protector max 32”wide, tank protector may weld to the floor of the bed but may not attach to the frame, tank protector may not go further back than the front of the wheel tubs in the bed. Gas tank protector is not for strengthening only to protect tank. Gas tank protector in SUV must stop prior to rear axle.
2.Halo bar is MANDATORY WITH A BAR FROM HALO TO DASH BAR MAX SIZE ON BAR FROM HALO TO DASH BAR IS 2”X2”
- ONE REAR WINDOW STRAP MAX 3″ WIDE 1/4″ THICK 3″ ABOVE WINDOW AND 3″ BELOW.
- DASH BAR MUST REMAIN 5″ FROM FIRE WALL AND ALL CAGE MATERIAL MUST REMAIN 5″ OFF OF FLOOR. SIDE BARS MAY EXTEND PAST THE DASH BAR 5″ MAX AND MAY NOT ANGLE IN ANY FASHION. SIDE BAR CAN BE NO FARTHER BACK THAN THE REAR KICK PANEL OF SECOND ROW IN SUV MEANING FIRST ONE BEHIND DRIVERS SEAT.
IN SUV THE GAS TANK PROTECTOR MUST BE IN FRONT OF REAR AXEL WITH A MAX WIDTH OF 32″. 4X4″ MAX MATERIAL.
CAGE MAY BE GUSSETED HOWEVER NO VERTICAL GUSSETS WILL BE ALLOWED.
1.Tie rods may be reinforced, no heim joint style tie rods must have factory style ends. Budget Small pin style tie roads are permitted
2.You may use 2 4”x4”x ¼” plates to weld A-Arms down one on front and back of each upper a-arm if your front suspension is leaf spring you may use a piece of 2”x2” tubing from the frame to the axle no more than 3” welded to frame
3.You may use 1” all thread for shocks
4.You may have 4 leaf spring clamps on each side, two in front of axle and two behind, maximum size material for clamps is 2” wide by ⅜” thick. NO AFTERMARKET LEAF PACKS.
1.Lower cradle,front plate and pulley protector only no other engine or transmission protectors allowed
- Slider shafts permitted
3.Rear axles may be braced
4.Engine mounts must have a rubber bushing no solid mounts
1.Front doors may be welded solid all other doors may be welded with a 5”on 5” off pattern this includes rear doors and tailgates. DRIVERS DOOR SKIN IS PERMITTED 1/4″ MAX AND MAY EXTEND PAST DOOR SEAM 2″ FRONT AND BACK.
- When welding tailgates or rear doors they may be welded to the bumper using the 5” on 5” off pattern
3.If you elect to drop the tailgate down behind the frame, no rear bumper will be permitted, tailgate may be welded to the end of the frame
- Cab and bed MUST be welded together with 5” on 5” off pattern
- Hoods may be bolted or wired in 8 spots, two spots may go around bumper, you may use 2”x2” angle 6” long to bolt hood shut with a max of 2 bolts per angle
- Body/Bed may be bolted solid to frame with ⅝” bolts with maximum 3” washers top and bottom with the exception of the two mounts in the core support, these may be 1” all thread and be used as two of your hood bolts.
7. Quarter panels must remain upright, no wedging
- CORE SUPPORT MAY HAVE RADIATOR PROTECTION WITH EXPANDED METAL OR SIMILAR APPROVE SHEET MAX OF 1/4″ THICKNESS IN FRONT OF RADIATOR. THIS MAY BE STICK WELDED IN 10 TOTAL SPOTS 2″ LONG OR BOLTED 8 TIMES WITH 3/8″ MAX BOLTS MAX LENTH OF 3″
FRAME1. Any OEM front and rear loaded bumpers permitted with all work done inside of bumper
HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED 8”X8” MAX, POINT MUST TAPER OVER 32” AND POINT MAY NOT EXTEND BEYOND 4” OF FLAT FRONT OF BUMPER. SMW BUMPERS PERMITTED. BUMPERS MAY BE A MAX OF 24″ HIGH AND A MINIMUM OF 16″. MEASUREMENT FROM BOTTOM OF BUMPER.
- You may have a factory bracket OR a piece of 4”x4” tubing welded no more than 4” back on frame to attach bumpers front or rear. THE FACTORY BRACKET MAY BE WELDED 6″ MAXTOP AND BOTTOM.
3.You may weld the factory shackle brackets to the frame, NO ADDED MATERIAL
4.You may weld the factory frame cross members into the frame using the following method you may have a 1” weld for each rivet that holds the cross member in from the factory. Do not abuse this rule.