2 Man Xtreme
ANY BODY SEAM WELDING( outside of what is clearly outline in rules) WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO FIX THIS AT THE DERBY.
ANY FRAME SEAM WELDING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS OUTLINED IN THESE RULES WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET YOU LOADED
ANY MORE THAN 4 FIX IT PLATES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ANY FRAME PLATING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS STATED IN RULES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE NOT GUIDELINES,
THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY WHAT YOU CAN DO.
IF IT DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATE THAT YOU CAN DO SOMETHING THE ANSWER WILL BE NO.
PRE RANS ALLOWED BUT WE WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE FULL WELD CARS CUT DOWN TO STOCK.
DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE
YOU MAY USE 4 TOTAL 4”X4″ X 3/8 THICKNESS ANYWHERE ON FRAME NOTHING INSIDE FRAME, NO GUSSETTING, NO KICKERS
5. No imperials, limos, specialty vehicles permitted.
6. ALL OTHER sedans and wagons permitted
1. No solid mounts, factory rubber mounts or ZTR style poly mounts are permitted and may be welded to frame. A Pad may be use under the motor mount to gain clearance a max of 3/8” plate and can be no bigger than 8” x 8”
2. A Simple lower cradle and front plate with pulley protector is permitted. A simple lower cradle would be described as not extending beyond halfway back the oil pan. Nothing can come in contact with firewall
3. Transmission: NO steel bell or shaft. Ultra bell is permitted
4. OEM transmission crossmembers may be replaced with a piece of 2”x2” tubing straight across side rail to side rail. For positioning the 2×2 you may utilize 1 3”x3” piece of angle iron per side rail welded to the side of the frame. NO solid tranny mounts.
5. SLIDER DRIVESHAFTS PERMITTED
6. Any rear end permitted, rear may have a brace but brace must not strengthen car in any way, all cars must use stock trailing arms, pinion brake permitted. no axle savers
7. 1998 and newer FoMoCo may use a watts conversion kit, kit must bolt in. Trailing arms may be a max of 2”x 3” tubing. Upper brackets can be no larger than 8”x 8” and must be two separate pieces.
8. Motor swaps and aftermarket bolt ins such as shifters and pedals allowed.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Any tire may be doubled.
2. rims may have weld in centers
3. No beadlocks or lip protectors
4. Valve stem protectors permitted.
5. NO SOLID WHEELS
1. Any factory OEM bumper on front or back. May be seam welded Ends may be cut and bent around but 2″ diameter holes for inspection must be cut. Loaded bumpers are permitted but must follow the following parameters. All bumper loading must occur between the two factory bumper skins. The skins may not be altered to fit larger material. SMW Heavy and lights are permitted. No Homemade bumpers or replica bumpers of any kind. NO CHRYSLER POINTY BUMPERS.
2. Bumpers may be hardnosed with 6″x 6″ x 1/4″ plate
3. Bumper mounting option 2 is to use the factory OEM shocks and brackets for that make and model. If doing so you may weld shock solid and collapse shock. Shock may be welded to bracket. Bracket may be welded top 6” and bottom 6” and may be plug welded. Continuous 6” weld measured from back of bumper backward, no skipping inch on inch off etc. If doing this option you lose the right to hardnose.
MUST CHOOSE ON OR THE OTHER
1. Front suspension may be solid by only using A ARMs welded to frame two spots one on each side 4″x 4″ 1/4″ max plates. (2 per A arm) A ARMS may be swapped make to make and may be heated and formed to fit .Must bolt in factory manor. A arm plates must touch a arm.
2. Both front and Rear suspension can be solid by using 1” all thread. 1 piece per shock position.
3. No leaf conversions. Factory leaf sprung cars must use the factory leaf pack intended for car make and model. 2 aftermarket clamps with be permitted per pack. Max size of clamps 2” x 4” x 3/8” thick with 2 bolts max, a max length of 5” and a max of ½” bolts. Leaf springs must be mounted in factor intended manor and position.
4. NO AFTERMARKET COILS
1. Small pin budget tie rods are permitted. No HEIM joints. Stock tie rods may be reinforced.
2. Aftermarket steering column is permitted.
1. Absolutely no welding of frame in any fashion other than specified
2. no pinning, plating loading of frames. STOCK only.
4. Frame may be shortened to front of pedestal at core support hole. You cannot go past the furthermost forward point of furthermost core support mounting hole
1. The Driver’s door AND PASSENGERS FRONT DOOR MUST be welded solid. Door skin RECOMMENDED
2. All other doors may be welded 5’ on 5’ off ¼ plate max.
3. The trunk may be welded 5” on 5” off ¼” plate max
4. Trunks may be tucked but cannot connect to the trunk floor in any fashion. Trunk may be “dished” or “canoed” with quarters remaining upright. The dish or canoe must leave 8” from trunk lid to floor
5. Hood must have a minimum of 2 12″ holes one per side
6. Trunk must have 12″ inspection holes.
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots. ALL THREAD may be used at core support 1” max.
8. 2”×2″x6” angle maximum of 1/2″ bolts in six spots per hood.
9. Roof sign mandatory
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. Factory rubber or hockey pucks may be used. NO SOLID BODY MOUNTS. Front core support may be steel spacers welded to top of frame and cannot exceed 4” tall. The firewall mounts cannot be steel but can be a max of 2”x 2”
10. Body bolts may come through floor a max of 3” and tied down with max of 3” washer and one nut. Max 5/8” bolt
11. Creasing is permitted, no wedging, quarters must remain upright.
INTERIOR CAGE and COCKPIT RULES
1. A simple 4 point
2. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
3. GAS TANK PROTECTOR BARS NO THICKER THAN 4″X 4″ or 2”x6’ TUBING MAX WIDTH OF GAS TANK PROTECTOR 32″ and MAY TOUCH PACKAGE TRAY
4. DOWN BARS ON BOTH front doors ARE permitted TO BODY and must be 10″ behind dash bar and in front of rear seat bar
5. Dash bar must be 5″ from the firewall. ALL CAGE MATERIAL MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 5″ ABOVE FLOOR. SIDE BARS CANNOT EXTEND PAST THE REAR KICK PANEL. SIDE BARS MAY NOT EXTEND PAST THE DASH BAR GREATER THAN 5″. SIDE BARS CANNOT BE ANGLED. NO VERTICAL GUSSETING.
6. halo recommended and bolted to the roof in 2 spots
7. Front window bar mandatory MUST BE BOLTED TO ROOF IN TWO SPOTS. Max of 2”x2” tubing and may be welded to halo.
8. REAR WINDOW BAR 2”X 2” MAX ¼” WALL FROM ROOM TO SPEAKER DECK/ TRUNK LID OVERLAPPING ONTO TRUNK LID A MAX OF 2”. MUST COINCIDE WITH trunk welding rules. REAR WINDOW BAR MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN 3” of window opening.
9. Off of dash bar on passenger side there must be either grab bars or a secured steering wheel for passenger to hold on to during impacts.
10. The gas and brake pedals must be located on passenger side floor.
11. Location of battery is recommended to be in rear seat area but can be place on dash bar or floor if deemed safe. Remember your safety is our top priority.
12. No added metal is permitted in passenger window area. When building your car create an easily accessible exit point for both drivers. • NO WATER BOXES, NO RADIATOR PROTECTORS, AND ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS, MUST BE AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concernsplease call first. 2 attempts only drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!