Buried Alive III 2Man Xtreme
Drivers with a death wish bonus****
If you are a driver with a death wish and choose to run with the passenger seat facing the rear of the car working brake and gas and shifter and you win… you will receive a $1000 bonus
Driver with a death wish cars must have a bar behind the seat from shifter bar to passenger side bar, and the seat head rest must be behind the top front window opening.
Any additional welding outside of what is stated in the rules pertaining to the body of frame may result in disqualification.
ANY FRAME PLATING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS STATED IN RULES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
All cars fresh or pre run get 4 total 4” x 4” x 3/8” fix it plates anywhere on the frame. Must be on one of the four outsides of the frame, nothing is permitted internal. Fix it plates must start 1 full inch apart from each other or from any other plate. You are permitted a ½” bead of weld all the way around any plate. No bridge welding or overlap welding
Fresh or prerun cars all are permitted 2 loops of braided 9 wire around front bumper and around core support. On rear bumper 2 loops of braided 9 wire around bumper and through tail light cover area.
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE NOT GUIDELINES,
THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY WHAT YOU CAN DO.
IF IT DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATE THAT YOU CAN DO SOMETHING THE ANSWER WILL BE NO.
PRE RANS ALLOWED BUT WE WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE FULL WELD CARS CUT DOWN TO STOCK.
5. No imperials, limos, specialty vehicles permitted.
6. ALL OTHER sedans and wagons permitted
1. No solid mounts, factory rubber mounts or ZTR style poly mounts are permitted and may be welded to frame. A Pad may be use under the motor mount to gain clearance a max of 3/8” plate and can be no bigger than 8” x 8”
2. A Simple lower cradle and front plate with pulley protector is permitted. A simple lower cradle would be described as not extending beyond halfway back the oil pan. Nothing can come in contact with firewall
3. Transmission: NO steel bell or shaft. Ultra bell is permitted
4. OEM transmission crossmembers may be replaced with a piece of 2”x2” tubing straight across side rail to side rail. For positioning the 2×2 you may utilize 1 3”x3” piece of angle iron a max of 6” long per side rail welded to the side of the frame. NO solid tranny mounts. Crossmember cannot run through the frame rail
5. SLIDER DRIVESHAFTS PERMITTED
6. Any rear end permitted, rear may have a brace but brace must not strengthen car in any way, all cars must use stock trailing arms, pinion brake permitted. no axle savers
7. All packing tray cars may use a watts conversion kit, kit must bolt in. Trailing arms may be a max of 2”x 3” tubing. Upper brackets can be no larger than 8”x 8” and must be two separate pieces.
8. Motor swaps and aftermarket bolt ins such as shifters and pedals allowed.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Any tire may be doubled.
2. rims may have weld in centers
3. No beadlocks lip protectors
4. Valve stem protectors permitted. LIP PROTECTORS ARE NOW PERMITTED
5. NO SOLID WHEELS
1. Any factory OEM bumper on front or back. May be seam welded Ends may be cut and bent around but 2″ diameter holes for inspection must be cut. Loaded bumpers are permitted but must follow the following parameters. All bumper loading must occur between the two factory bumper skins. The skins may not be altered to fit larger material. SMW Heavy and lights are permitted.
Homemade bumpers or replica bumpers are permitted but must taper over 32”, point must be no larger than 4” from flat front with the exception of Chrysler pointy replicas may be a max 8” from flat front and a total of 14” flat back to point. Max width of bumper is 8” x 8”.
Homemade Rear bumpers cannot exceed a 2” point.
Bumper mounting option for both front and rear bumpers
2. Bumpers may be hardnosed and a 4″x 8″ x 3/8″ plate or any one of the four sides of frame meaning top bottom tire facing or engine facing. Choose one.
3. Bumper mounting option 2 is to use the factory OEM shocks and brackets for that make and model. If doing so you may weld shock solid and collapse shock. Shock may be welded to bracket. Bracket may be welded top 6” and bottom 6” and may be plug welded within first 6”. Continuous 6” weld measured from back of bumper backward, no skipping inch on inch off etc. If doing this option you lose the right to hardnose.
MUST CHOOSE ONE OR THE OTHER
1. Front suspension may be solid by only using A ARMs welded to frame two spots one on each side 4″x 4″ 3/8″ max plates. (2 per A arm) A ARMS may be swapped make to make and may be heated and formed to fit .Must bolt in factory manor. A arm plates must touch a arm.
2. Both front and Rear suspension can be solid by using 1” all thread. 1 piece per shock position. 3” washer max
3. No leaf conversions. Factory leaf sprung cars must use the factory leaf pack intended for car make and model. 2 aftermarket clamps with be permitted per pack. Max size of clamps 2” x 4” x 3/8” thick with 2 bolts max, a max length of 5” and a max of ½” bolts. Leaf springs must be mounted in factor intended manor and position.
4. NO AFTERMARKET COILS
1. Aftermarket heim joints are permitted. Heim joints are permitted but must not exceeda ¾” bolt a max of 3” lon. Stock tie rods may be reinforced.
2. Aftermarket steering column is permitted.
******NEW**** All cars may COLD BEND, Absolutely no cutting loose and rewelding in order to tilt. COLD BENDING OLNY. Everyone likes to push this area when we say no cold bending therefore we are meeting you in the middle. A cold bend is nowhere near as strong as cutting it loose and re welding but you still get to bend it to level rails and make cars stronger.
1. Absolutely no welding of frame in any fashion other than specified
2. no pinning, plating loading of frames. STOCK only.
4. Frame may be shortened to front of pedestal at core support hole. You cannot go past the furthermost forward point of furthermost core support mounting hole. No moving of core support pedastal
1. The Driver’s door AND PASSENGERS FRONT DOOR MUST be welded solid. Door skin RECOMMENDED
2. All other doors may be welded 5’ on 5’ off ¼ plate max.
3. The trunk may be welded 5” on 5” off ¼” plate max
4. Trunks may be tucked but cannot connect to the trunk floor in any fashion. Trunk may be “dished” or “canoed” with quarters remaining upright. The dish or canoe must leave 8” from trunk lid to floor
5. Hood must have a minimum of 2 12″ holes one per side
6. Trunk must have 12″ inspection holes.
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots. ALL THREAD may be used at core support 1” max.
8. 2”×2″x6” angle maximum of 1/2″ bolts in six spots per hood.
9. Roof sign mandatory
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. Factory rubber or hockey pucks may be used. NO SOLID BODY MOUNTS. Front core support may be steel spacers welded to top of frame and cannot exceed 4” tall. The firewall mounts cannot be steel but can be a max of 2”x 2”
10. Body bolts may come through floor a max of 3” and tied down with max of 3” washer and one nut. Max 5/8” bolt
11. Creasing is permitted, no wedging, quarters must remain upright.
INTERIOR CAGE and COCKPIT RULES
1. A simple 4 point
2. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
3. GAS TANK PROTECTOR BARS NO THICKER THAN 4″X 4″ or 2”x6’ TUBING MAX WIDTH OF GAS TANK PROTECTOR 32″ and MAY TOUCH PACKAGE TRAY
4. DOWN BARS ON BOTH front doors ARE permitted TO BODY and must be 10″ behind dash bar and in front of rear seat bar. Must run from side bar directly straight down and only attach to the body
5. Dash bar must be 5″ from the firewall. ALL CAGE MATERIAL MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 5″ ABOVE FLOOR. SIDE BARS CANNOT EXTEND PAST THE REAR KICK PANEL. SIDE BARS MAY NOT EXTEND PAST THE DASH BAR GREATER THAN 5″. SIDE BARS CANNOT BE ANGLED. NO VERTICAL GUSSETING.
6. halo recommended and bolted to the roof in 2 spots
7. Front window bar mandatory MUST BE BOLTED TO ROOF IN TWO SPOTS. Max of 2”x2” tubing and may be welded to halo.
8. REAR WINDOW BAR 2”X 2” MAX ¼” WALL FROM ROOM TO SPEAKER DECK/ TRUNK LID OVERLAPPING ONTO TRUNK LID A MAX OF 2”. MUST COINCIDE WITH trunk welding rules. REAR WINDOW BAR MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN 3” of window opening. Rear window bar cannot contact the gas tank protector in any fashion
9. No added metal is permitted in passenger window area. When building your car create an easily accessible exit point for both drivers. • NO WATER BOXES, NO RADIATOR PROTECTORS, AND ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS, MUST BE AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!
For rules questions contact Dominick Fabri at 724-309-5055 Or TJ McCullough 301-707-6870
9 am -9pm