2 MAN XTREME
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE NOT GUIDELINES,
THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY WHAT YOU CAN DO.
IF IT DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATE THAT YOU CAN DO SOMETHING THE ANSWER WILL BE NO.
PRE RANS ALLOWED BUT WE WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE FULL WELD CARS CUT DOWN TO STOCK.
DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE
YOU MAY USE 4 TOTAL 4”X4″ X 3/8 THICKNESS ANYWHERE ON FRAME NOTHING INSIDE FRAME, NO GUSSETTING, NO KICKERS
5. No imperials, limos, specialty vehicles permitted.
6. ALL OTHER sedans and wagons permitted
1. No solid mounts, factory rubber mounts only, may be welded to frame.
2. No cradles or braces of any kind
3. Transmission: NO steel bell or shaft.
4. OEM crossmembers only with rubber mounts. NO solid tranny mounts.
5. SLIDER DRIVESHAFTS PERMITTED
6. Any rear end permitted, rear may have a brace but brace must not strengthen car in any way, all cars must use stock trailing arms, pinion brake permitted. no axle savers
7. 1998 and newer FoMoCo may use a watts conversion kit, kit must bolt in and use stock trailing arms if you need to shorten trailing arms they must be butt welded together no more than a ½” overlap
8. Motor swaps and aftermarket bolt ins such as shifters and pedals allowed.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Any tire may be doubled.
2. rims may have weld in centers
3. No beadlocks or lip protectors
4. Valve stem protectors permitted.
5. NO SOLID WHEELS
1. Any factory OEM bumper on front or back. May be seam welded Ends may be cut and bent around but 2″ diameter holes for inspection must be cut. No Loading of Bumper.
2. Bumpers may be hardnosed with 6″x 6″ x 1/4″ plate
3. Bumper mounting option 2 is to use the factory OEM shocks and brackets for that make and model. If doing so you may weld shock solid and collapse shock. Shock may be welded to bracket. Bracket may be welded top 6” and bottom 6” and may be plug welded.
1. Front suspension may be solid by only using A ARMs welded to frame two spots one on each side 3″x3″ 1/4″ max plates. (2 per A arm)
2. OEM, COILS, SHOCKS only NO ALL THREAD
3. No leaf conversions
4. Rear coil springs must remain stock and in stock location.May change shocks but shocks must be automotive type shocks no semi shocks..
1. All steering components are to remain stock.
2. Aftermarket steering column is permitted.
3. NO REINFORCEMENTS
1. Absolutely no welding of frame in any fashion other than specified
2. no pinning, plating loading of frames. STOCK only.
3. All body mounts must remain stock including core support.
4. Frame may be shortened to front of pedestal at core support hole. You cannot go past the furthermost forward point of furthermost core support mounting hole
1. The Driver’s door AND PASSENGERS FRONT DOOR MUST be welded solid. Door skin RECOMMENDED
2. All other doors may be welded 5’ on 5’ off ¼ plate max.
3. The trunk may be welded in 6 spots totaling 4×4″ plates 1/4″ max thickness.
4. Trunks may be tucked but cannot connect to the trunk floor in any fashion.
5. Hood must have a minimum of 2 12″ holes one per side
6. Trunk must have 12″ inspection holes.
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots. ALL THREAD may be used at core support 1” max.
8. 2”×2″x6” angle maximum of 1/2″ bolts in six spots per hood.
9. Roof sign mandatory
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. Factory rubber or hockey pucks may be used. NO SOLID BODY MOUNTS.
10. Body bolts may come through floor a max of 3” and tied down with max of 3” washed and one nut
11. Creasing is permitted, no wedging, quarters must remain upright.
12. Trunk may be dished leaving a 12” gap from trunk lid to floor pan
INTERIOR CAGE and COCKPIT RULES
1. A simple 4 point
2. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
3. GAS TANK PROTECTOR BARS NO THICKER THAN 3″X 3″ TUBING MAX WIDTH OF GAS TANK PROTECTOR 32″ CANNOT TOUCH PACKAGE TRAY
4. DOWN BARS ON BOTH front doors ARE MANDATROYTO BODY BEHIND FRONT BAR GREATER THAN 10″ behind dash bar
5. Dash bar must be 5″ from the firewall.
6. halo recommended and bolted to the roof.
7. Front window bar mandatory MUST BE BOLTED TO ROOF IN TWO SPOTS
8. REAR WINDOW BAR 2”X 2” MAX ¼” WALL FROM ROOM TO SPEAKER DECK/ TRUNK LID OVERLAPPING ONTO TRUNK LID A MAX OF 2”. MUST COINCIDE WITH 5 ON 5 OFF RULE
9. Off of dash bar on passenger side there must be either grab bars and a secured steering wheel for passenger to hold on to during impacts
10. The gas and brake pedals must be located on passenger side floor.
11. Location of battery is recommended to be in rear seat area but can be place on dash bar or floor if deemed safe. Remember your safety is our top priority.
12. No added metal is permitted in passenger window area. When building your car create and easily accessible exit point for both drivers. • NO WATER BOXES, NO RADIATOR PROTECTORS, AND ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS, MUST BE AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!
For rules question call TJ McCullough 301-707-6870. Please do not call or text after 9 pm eastern time