NO MERCY 3
Plated frame rails will not be permitted to be shaved, cut down etc. This will be considered an unfixable offense and result in an automatic load.
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
All cars fresh or pre run get 4 total 4” x 4” x 3/8” fix it plates anywhere on the frame. Must be on one of the four outsides of the frame, nothing is permitted internal. Fix it plates must start 1 full inch apart from each other or from any other plate. You are permitted a ½” bead of weld all the way around any plate. No bridge welding or overlap welding.
- Fix it plates may be in parallelogram form but must follow the following requirements. All sides must be 4 inches or less and the maximum distance between the two farthest points is to be exactly 7 inches.
Fresh or prerun cars all are permitted 2 loops of braided 9 wire around front bumper and around core support. On rear bumper 2 loops of braided 9 wire around bumper and through tail light cover area. The rear wire must be no further than 10” from the rear bumper
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE NOT GUIDELINES,
THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY WHAT YOU CAN DO.
IF IT DOES NOT SPECIFICALLY DESIGNATE THAT YOU CAN DO SOMETHING THE ANSWER WILL BE NO.
PRE RANS ALLOWED BUT WE WILL NOT ACCOMMODATE FULL WELD CARS CUT DOWN TO STOCK.
5. No imperials, limos, no hearses, specialty vehicles permitted.
6. ALL OTHER sedans and wagons permitted
1. No solid mounts, factory rubber mounts or ZTR style poly mounts are permitted and may be welded to frame. A Pad may be use under the motor mount to gain clearance a max of 3/8” plate and can be no bigger than 8” x 8”
2. A Simple lower cradle and front plate with pulley protector is permitted. A simple lower cradle would be described as not extending beyond halfway back the oil pan. Nothing can come in contact with firewall
3. Transmission: NO steel bell or shaft. Ultra bell is permitted
4. OEM transmission crossmembers may be replaced with a piece of 2”x2” tubing straight across side rail to side rail. For positioning the 2×2 you may utilize 1 3”x3” piece of angle iron a max of 6” long per side rail welded to the side of the frame. This angle iron can only be welded to the inside of the frame rail only and cannot be formed in any other fashion. If this plate is used for any other reason than holding the transmission crossmember, you lose the plate. NO solid tranny mounts. Crossmember cannot run through the frame rail
5. SLIDER DRIVESHAFTS PERMITTED
6. Any rear end permitted, rear may have a brace but brace must not strengthen car in any way, , pinion brake permitted. Axle savers are permitted.
7. 1998 and newer FoMoCo may use a watts conversion kit, kit must bolt in. Trailing arms may be a max of 2”x 3” tubing. Upper brackets can be no larger than 8”x 8” and must be two separate pieces. Lower backets cannot exceed 6” long and a max of 3”x 3” ¼” tubing welding to the inside of the frame.
8. Motor swaps and aftermarket bolt ins such as shifters and pedals, transmission and oil coolers allowed
9. 03- newer fords may run a SMW bolt in cradle for engine mounting purposes only and can only bolt. No welding on this piece in any fashion. Must run the factory aluminum cradle.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Any tire may be doubled.
2. rims may have weld in centers
3. No beadlocks.
4. Valve stem protectors permitted. LIP PROTECTORS ARE NOW PERMITTED, lip protectors cannot exceed 2”
5. NO SOLID WHEELS
1. Any factory OEM bumper on front or back. May be seam welded Ends may be cut and bent around but 2″ diameter holes for inspection must be cut. Loaded bumpers are permitted but must follow the following parameters. All bumper loading must occur between the two factory bumper skins. The skins may not be altered to fit larger material. SMW Heavy and lights are permitted.
Homemade bumpers or replica bumpers are permitted but must taper over 32”, point must be no larger than 4” from flat front with the exception of Chrysler pointy replicas may be a max 8” from flat front and a total of 14” flat back to point. Max width of bumper is 8” x 8”. Bumpers are not permitted to be built backward towards wheel as a wheel protector.
Homemade Rear bumpers cannot exceed a 2” point.
Bumper mounting option for both front and rear bumpers
2. Bumpers may be hardnosed. A 6”x 6” plate between the bumper and end of frame rail A 4″x 8″ x 3/8″ plate or any one of the four sides of frame meaning top bottom tire facing or engine facing. Choose one.
3. Bumper mounting option 2 is to use the factory OEM shocks and brackets for that make and model. If doing so you may weld shock solid and collapse shock. Shock may be welded to bracket. Bracket may be welded top 6” and bottom 6” and may be plug welded within first 6”. Continuous 6” weld measured from back of bumper backward, no skipping inch on inch off etc. If doing this option, you lose the right to hardnose. The factory bolt locations may be used with the factory number of bolts.
4. On rear bumper, if bumper is hardnosed you may utilize the 4”x 8” x 3/8” plate on the wheel facing side and in addition may box in the other 3 sides to the bumper with ¼” material but this material cannot extend further than one inch onto the frame. ½” bead of weld
MUST CHOOSE ONE OR THE OTHER
- Front suspension may be solid by only using A ARMs welded to frame two spots one on each side 4″x 4″ 3/8″ max plates. (2 per A arm) A ARMS may be swapped make to make and may be heated and formed to fit .Must bolt in factory manor. A arm plates must touch a arm. Nothing can be welded to the lower a arm or (control arm)
- The 4×4 a arm plates may be parallelogram but must follow the following requirements. Cannot exceed 4” on any side and must be 7” from the two most distant corners.
2. Both front and Rear suspension can be solid by using 1” all thread. 1 piece per shock position. On the rear suspension all thread it may come through the floor and be utilized as a body mount, 3” washer max. On the bottom of the lower control arm you may have a max of a 6” x 6” plate due to the side of the open area.
3. No leaf conversions. Factory leaf sprung cars must use the factory leaf pack intended for car make and model. 4 aftermarket clamps will be permitted per pack. Max size of clamps 2” x 4” x 3/8” thick with 2 bolts max, a max length of 5” and a max of ½” bolts. Leaf springs must be mounted in factory intended manor and position.
4. NO AFTERMARKET COIL Springs
1. Aftermarket heim joints as tie rod ends are permitted but must not exceed ¾” bolt a max of 3” long. Stock tie rods may be reinforced. Aftermarket tie rods permitted.
2. Aftermarket steering column is permitted.
3. 03- newer must run factory steering rack and cannot be braced in any fashion.
All cars may COLD BEND.
80-02 fords only. You may cut the tabs loose and tilt at the crush box. ½” bead of weld to reweld tabs max.
03- newer fords cannot tilt in any fashion.
CADDY “DOG LEGS” OR “FRAME TAILS” MUST START 1” AWAY FROM TRANSMISSION CROSSMEMBER.
1. Absolutely no welding of frame in any fashion other than specified
2. no pinning, plating loading of frames. STOCK only.
4. Frame may be shortened to front of pedestal at core support hole. You cannot go past the furthermost forward point of furthermost core support mounting hole. No moving of core support pedestal
5. Factory brackets cannot be rewelded to the frame, they must remain in stock form or removed.
1. The Driver’s door and Front passenger may be welded solid. Door skin RECOMMENDED
2. All other doors may be welded 5” on 5” off ¼ plate max.
3. The trunk may be welded 5” on 5” off ¼” plate max
4. Trunks may be tucked but cannot connect to the trunk floor in any fashion. Trunk may be “dished” or “canoed” with quarters remaining upright. The dish or canoe must leave 8” from trunk lid to floor. Speak deck must remain in car and in factory location.
5. Hood must have a minimum of 2 12″ holes one per side. Per hole (6) 3/8” bolts to bolt sheet metal together are permitted.
6. Trunk must have 12″ inspection holes. Per hole (6) 3/8” bolts to bolt sheet metal together are permitted.
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots. ALL THREAD may be used at core support 1” max.
8. 2”×2″x6” angle maximum of 1/2″ bolts in six spots per hood.
9. Roof sign mandatory
10. Each fender well may have 6 3/8” bolts with a maximum ½” store bought washer.
11. Spray foam is permitted only to hold the radiator in and cannot exceed the confines of the core support.
12. On core support you may have 1/8” expanded metal or a 1/8” plasma cut design plate. Either option may either be welded in 8 locations 1” max per weld or bolted with (8) 3/8” bolts ½” store bought washers. Factory condensers are permitted. For 03 and newer core supports please inquire before you place your core support into car on how we will accommodate it.
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. Factory rubber or hockey pucks may be used. NO SOLID BODY MOUNTS. Front core support may be steel spacers welded to top of frame or side of the frame immediately behind bumper and cannot exceed 12” tall. The firewall mounts can be a max of 2”x 2” square tubing but must be free floating and two separate mounts
10. Body bolts may come through floor a max of 3” and tied down with max of 3” washer and one nut. Max 5/8” bolt. Body bolt may only go through the body and the top side of the frame.
11. Creasing is permitted, no wedging, quarters must remain upright.
INTERIOR CAGE and COCKPIT RULES
Deadman recognizes the additional need for cage manipulation in order to safely mount equipment etc. It it is deemed to be providing and advantage it will not be permitted.
1. A simple 4 point
2. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 6′
3. GAS TANK PROTECTOR BARS NO THICKER THAN 4″X 4″ or 2”x 6’ TUBING MAX WIDTH OF GAS TANK PROTECTOR 32″ and MAY TOUCH PACKAGE TRAY
4. DOWN BARS ON BOTH front doors ARE permitted TO BODY and must be 10″ behind dash bar and in front of rear seat bar. Must run from side bar directly straight down and only attach to the body
5. Dash bar must be 5″ from the firewall. ALL CAGE MATERIAL MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 5″ ABOVE FLOOR. SIDE BARS CANNOT EXTEND PAST THE REAR KICK PANEL. SIDE BARS MAY NOT EXTEND PAST THE DASH BAR GREATER THAN 5″. SIDE BARS CANNOT BE ANGLED. NO VERTICAL GUSSETING.
6. halo recommended and bolted to the roof in 2 spots with 6 inch tails
7. Front window bar mandatory MUST BE BOLTED TO ROOF IN TWO SPOTS. Max of 2”x2” tubing and may be welded to halo. Must be either welded to the top of the dash bar or cowl area 3” onto cowl max.
8. REAR WINDOW BAR 2”X 2” MAX ¼” WALL FROM ROOF TO SPEAKER DECK/ TRUNK LID OVERLAPPING ONTO TRUNK LID A MAX OF 2”. MUST COINCIDE WITH trunk welding rules. REAR WINDOW BAR MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN 3” of window opening. Rear window bar cannot contact the gas tank protector in any fashion
9. No added metal is permitted in passenger window area. When building your car create an easily accessible exit point for both drivers. • NO WATER BOXES, NO RADIATOR PROTECTORS, AND ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS, MUST BE AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it, It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!
For rules questions contact Dominick Fabri at 724-309-5055 Or TJ McCullough 301-707-6870
9 am -9pm