ALL RUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
- Any 1980 and newer sedan or station wagon,
- 25 CAR LIMIT. $125 PER ENTRY
- $2500 FIRST PLACE 2ND $1500, 3RD 800, 4TH 500 DRIVETRAIN
- Any motor and transmission. Transmission cooler permitted in cockpit tightly secured.
- FULL CRADLES PERMITTED. SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS PERMITTED
- Transmission crossmember may be a max of 2″x 2″ 1/4″ tubing connected to frame by 1/4″ 4″x 6″ angle. You MAY NOT put the crossmember through the frame in any fashion.
TRANSMISSION MAY HAVE STEEL BELL, STEEL SHAFT AND MAY HAVE
TRANSMISSION BRACE WITH SOLID TRANNY MOUNT CONNECTED TO
- Slider driveshaft permitted
- ANY REAR, BRACING ALLOWED. NO BRACING MAY ATTACH TO BODY, FRAME OF
PACKAGE TRAY AND CANNOT STRENGTHEN CAR IN ANY WAY.
Wheels and Tires
- Any tire, may be doubled.
- Full wheel centers permitted, valve stem protectors allowed may not extend out past wheel further than 1″. lip protectors, beadlocks ARE PERMITTED
- Wheels may be spaced 1/2″ with additional center.
- No external rubber or other material on outside to protect tire.
- Both front and back bumpers may be any OEM bumper LOADED. All bumper loading must be performed inside the bumper with the exception of the backing may be exposed for flush mounting purposes.
- No sharp edges, End caps permitted.
- May be seam welded
- HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING
SPECIFICATIONS. MUST NO EXCEED 8″X 8″. IF IT HAS A POINT THE POINT MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4″ FROM FLAT FRONT OF BUMPER. POINT MUST TAPER OVER 32″.
- Bumper mounting: you may use a 2″X 2″ x 12″ x 3/8″ SQUARE TUBING OR 4″ X 12″ 3/8″ thick plate on outside of frame with 4″ L for mounting to back of bumper
- Bumpers may not be lower than 14″s or higher than 22″. Measurement taken from bottom of bumper.
03 AND NEWER
All 03 and newer cars must use factory aluminium engine cradle and steering rack. Tie rods may be reinforced. These are the only restrictions for 03 and newer cars. All other rules apply.
*If choosing to swap a 80s style body onto a 03 and newer frame, the car will be inspected as a 03 and newer and above rules will apply.
You may use an approved (by Deadman Derby) bolt in only piece for engine mounting purposes. Smith metal works style is approved. All others must be or approved. No welding piece in.
- Cars do not have to bounce
- Rear suspension may be 1″ all thread.
- Coils may be welded to rear and banded to body in one spot.
- NO LEAF SPRING CONVERSIONS
- NO AFTERMARKET A ARMS
- Front suspension may be solid. Upper A arm may be contoured to frame and may be welded either with a single pass 4″ bead 1 per side or use a 4″ x 4″ max A ARM to frame on each side.(2 per A arm)
- A Arms may be swapped OEM to OEM. Ball joints MAY BE AFTERMARKET AND may be welded in. Spindles OEM to OEM, NO aftermakret spindles
- Front shock can be 1″ all thread.
- Sway bar may be bolted to lower arm. CANNOT BE WELDED ANYWHERE
- humps may be chained around rear one spot per side
- Watts link kits are permitted. If using a watts link aftermarket or homemade it must bolt to package tray utilizing only 7/16″ maximum bolts. You MAY NOT, bolt through package tray to body. NO WELDING TO PACKAGE TRAY. Watts link uppers must be two separate pieces bolted together. Lowers may be a max of 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square cut for desired pinion angle and mounted in one fashion. A bracket on the inside of frame may be welded but lower 2×2 must bolt to that bracket. LOWER CANNOT BE WELDED IN ANY FASHION.
- Steering boxes must be mounted at factory location, however you may utilize aftermarket adapter plate if you prefer to change steering box OEM to OEM between manufactures.
- TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. AFTERMARKET PERMITTED. HEIM JOINTS
PERMITTED. 03 AND NEWER MUST UTILIZE OEM STEERING RACK
- Aftermarket steering columns permitted.
- Center link must remain factory
- SEAM WELDING A ARMS FORWARD IS PERMITTED. NO OTHER SEEMS MAY BE
- TILTING PERMITTED. YOU MAY TILT IN ONE SPOT PER RAIL ONLY NO EXCEPTIONS
- NO PLATING, NO STUFFING OR PINNING an ultrasound will be utilized to measure
- Rear frame may be dimpled or cut for rolling
- You may shorten front frame section to core support pedastal or radiator mounting support hole. rear frames may not be shortened
- A 20″ X 6″ X 3/8″ MAX HUMP PLATE IS PERMITTED ON THE OUTSIDE OF FRAME
- No painting or undercoating on frames. No putty.
- You may swap frames but the car will be inspected based on make model and year of frame. No 79 and older frames
- All body mounts may be changed to 5/8″ BOLTS
- A 1″ space must be maintained at all times. This may be achieved utilizing any of the
following: solid, OEM , Hockey pucks
- Boxes are limited to 4″ space. Core support a MAX space of 8″. Core support spacers only, may be welded.
- Rust repair is limited, ALL MUST BE PRE-APPROVED.
- Drivers door AND FRONT PASSENGER DOOR may be welded solid and you may have full door skin 1/4″ max overlapping no more than one in of seam. DOORSKIN NOT PERMITTED ON PASSENGER DOORS No petruding metal or rails outside drivers door.
- All other door seams may be welded in a 5″ on 5″ off fashion. Outside seem only
- Trunk 5″ on 5″ off
- Trunk may be dished or canoed. A 2″ space must remain from trunk floor to trunk lid.
Measurement will be taken from lowest point of lid and highest point of trunk if beat up.
YOU MAY ONLY USE THE FACTORY TRUNK LID NO HOODS.
- Mandatory: 2 10″ holes one per side of trunk lid for inspection. Holes may be bolted with 3/8″ bolts in 10 spots.
- Trunk may be tucked
- Hood: May be secured in 6 Spots. Can be chained or bolted. If bolted you may only do so in the following fashion: Angle 2″ x 2″ maximum of 1/2″ bolts. NO NINE WIRING HOODS. FRONT CORE SUPPORT MAY BE USED AS 2 SPOTS UP TO 1″ ALL THREAD. ALL THREAD MAY NOT RUN THROUGH FRAME RAIL. MAX OF 3″ WASHERS.
- A minimum of 2 12″ holes must be cut. Holes may be bolted with a maximum of 3/8″ bolts and a max total of 16.
- Fenders may be cut and rolled for clearance and welded back together or bolted a max of 8 times with 3/8″ max bolts.
- All fenders and body lines may be creased both horizontal and vertical. Be creative.
However, side rear fenders must remain upright in factory location not beat down or inward.
- Expanded metal Permitted at core support for radiator protection. Partial or full radiator protectors ARE PERMITTED. Water only in Radiator.
- No wedging
- Speaker Deck may be removed or beat down. No rewelding of speaker deck in new
- Roof sign Mandatory for Identification
- no additional nine wire, banding, chain or cord allowed other than specified
- Four point “floating cage” Dash bar, rear seat bar two side rails. In addition to side rails a center bar from rear bar to dash bar.
- Dash bar must remain 5″ from firewall. Side bars cannot extend beyod 10″ of front
- Cage may be gussetted at corners.
- ON DRIVERS SIDE ONLY… A DOWN BAR IS PERMITTED BETWEEN DASH BAR AND
REAR SEAT BAR FOR DRIVER PROTECTION. HOWEVER, THE BAR MUST BE PLACED
10″ OR FURTHER BEHIND BASH BAR and only welded to body
- A gas tank protector is permitted. No Wider than 32″. Gas tank protector may butt up against package tray but cannot be welded or bolted to tray or floor.
- Gas tank protector may have two diagonal rails to halo or rear seat bar BELOW WINDOW.
- Halo bars recommended. Halo may be bolted to roof.
- From halo bar a front bar may be use and can connect to the dash bar and welded 9. Rear window bar. Limit of 2×2 1/4″ from halo to speaker deck. a 4×4″ plate is permitted at bottom of rear bar and may overlap and be welded to trunk lid. This plate must coincided with 5 on 5 off rule.
- MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X4″ OR 2″X 6′
- NO SHORTENING OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel. Body mounts must be utilized in factory location. 3 inch maximum washers. Body bolts may only pass through material intended by factory specification.
- For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only
drivers. All cars will be on level playing field. Good luck
TJ MCCULLOUGH 301-707-6870. Please do not call or text after 9 pm eastern time.