BONESTOCK FULL SIZE
1. 80s and newer ONLY
2. THIS IS A BASIC BUILD WITH FEW MODIFICATIONS. ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF RULES STATED BELOW WILL RESULT IN CUTTING OR POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION.
ENGINE AND TRANNY
1. NO PROTECTORS
2. Engine must be specific to make
3. MOTOR MOUNTS CAN BE WELDED SOLID BUT CANNOT BE RELOACATED
4. Transmission mounts must have factory mount. NO SOLID MOUNTING.
5. No bracing of transmission.
6. Tranny coolers permitted
7. Stock rearends only
8. No slider drive shafts
1. Any factory OEM bumpers permitted, BUMPERS MAY BE SEAM WELDED, no loading
2. NO HOMEMADE BUMPERS. ANY SMW LIGHT BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED> NO HEAVY STYLE For clarification contact SMW
3. All bumper holes may be covered with 1/8” but a 2” inspection hold on end cups is required.
4. No sharp edges
5. ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL INSIDE OF FRAMES. SCOPING WILL BE PERFORMED. OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DRILL AND ULTRASOUND ANY SUSPECTED AREA.
6. Mounting of bumper: You may hardnose. HARDNOSE IS DEFINED AS WELDING THE BUMPER FAST TO FLUSH FRONT OF FRAME WITHOUT SHORTENING THE FRAME> if hard nosing you may use a1/4″ 6”x 6″ welding to front of frame and back of bumper. WE DO NOT WANT BUMPERS FALLING OFF. 1 PER RAIL FRAME
7. Bumpers may not be sleeved around bumper
8. ABSOLUTELY NO TIPPING OR PRE BENDING OF REAR BUMPER.
9. Front- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around bumper one time and around core support. ONE LOOP. No criss crossing of strands. Cannot go through the hood.
Rear- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around rear bumper and then through the trunk lid. Where it goes through the trunk lid can be no father forward than half the of trunk lid. No criss crossing strands
Frames are to stock and are not to be altered or welded in any fashion. Welding on frame is limited to mounting of bumper
NO PLATING, PINNING CREASING, PINCHING, SHORTENING OR TILTING OF FRAME
Absolutely no shortening
1. Drivers door may be welded solid OR HAVE DOOR SKIN.
2. All other doors can be welded banded, chained or 9 wired . If welding you get 2 4”x4”x ¼” max flat plates per vertical seam and 1 per horizontal. If using chain you get 2 chains per vertical seam one per horizontal. If 9 wiring 8 spots per door double stranded.
3. Trunk may be Tucked, NO WEDGING but can be canoed. A 12″ space must remain from lowest point of canoe to highest point of trunk floor. NO PUSHING DOWN OF QUARTERS ON SEDANS OR WAGONS.
Trunk may be wired or chained or welded in 4 total spots.
4. No creasing, no creasing no creasing
5. the hood must have a minimum 12″ x 12″ holes and trunk must have a 12″ x 12″ hole for inspection. You are permitted to re bolt metal in 10 total spots around each inspection hole 3/8″ bolts max.
6. Speaker deck must remain in car and in factory location, may beat down for visual purposes
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots by chain or bolting. If bolting you may only do so utilizing 2″x2″ 6” LONG angle 1/2″ bolts max. NO ALL THREAD, CANNOT USE CORE SUPPORT TO BOLT HOOD.
8. All body mounts must remain in stock location and in stock form.
9. IN TWO SEPARATE SPOTS 1 BRAIDED STRAND OF NINE WIRE MAY GO AROUND BUMPER THROUGH CORE SUPPORT AND HOOD. NO CRISS CROSSING THESE STRANDS.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Front tires- ANY TIRE Is PERMITTED
2. Rear tires- Any tire may be used
3. Small Weld in centers permitted. NO BEADLOCKS OR LIP PROTECTORS.
Valve stem protectors permitted.
4. No Solid Wheels
1. Front suspension must be factory. Rear suspension must be factory.
2. No leaf spring conversions
3. Ball joints must be stock
1. Aftermarket steering columns are permitted.
2. All steering components are to remain stock. However YOU MAY REINFORCE TIE RODS. Must have factory style working ends.
1. A four point cage is recommended but not mandatory. HOWEVERTHE FOLLOWING IS MANDATORY: REAR SEAT BAR AND FRONT WINDOW BAR. WINDOW BAR MUST RUN FROM ROOF TO COWL OR ROOF TO DASH BAR. CAN BE ANGLE IRON OR 2X2″ TUBING
2. NO REAR WINDOW BAR .
HALO BARS ARE PERMITTED. Max of 3×3” tubing can be bolted to roof in two spots.
3. Gas tank protectors are recommended but not mandatory. If using a gas tank protector it cannot be within 3” of package tray and floor. Max of 28″ wide 4″ x 4″ tubing. GAS TANK PROTECTORS MUST STOP AT PACKING TRAY ON SEDANS AND ON WAGONS MUST STOP BEFORE THE REAR
axle. If not running a gas tank protector, gas tank must be mounted in center rear seat area. ABSOLUTELY NO PLATIC TANKS OR STOCK tanks
4. Max width of cage bars can be 4″ x 4″ or 2″ x 6″. Side bars cannot extend past front door seem greater than 10″. Center bar for shifter permitted.