Bumper swap compacts
The rules below are not guidelines, this is a street stock event meaning that all unspecified areas of car building below are required to remain OEM as intended from manufacture in regards to material, placement and structural integrity of both frame/unibody and body panels.
ANY BODY SEAM WELDING( outside of what is clearly outline in rules) WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO FIX THIS AT THE DERBY.
ANY FRAME SEAM WELDING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS OUTLINED IN THESE RULES WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET YOU LOADED
ANY FRAME PLATING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS STATED IN RULES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
No fix it plates
1.This class is for FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS ONLY maximum of 113” wheelbase
2.Cars must remain stock unless specified in these rules
3.Aside from dash and front seats, interior must be stripped entirely. MUST remove air bags and the charges. Do not just set them off remove them.
4. Simple wiring harness allowed. Hard wiring factory fan is permitted.
5. All doors may be wired or chained 8 spots per door max. IF WIRING YOU MAY WELD 1” HOLED WASHERS FOR WIRE TO RUN THROUGH
All cars may choose to run at minimum a rear seat bar max of 2×6 inch material. For safety if you wish to remove the dash and run a four point cage you may do so with 4×4 inch material or 2×6 max material. Side bars cannot exceed the fire wall forward and must not extend beyond the rear kick panel. rear seat bar must stop at rear kick panel. If suspending tank off of back bar a simple gas tank protector is permitted but must be at minimum 5″ away from all sheet metal including the floor
6.Deck lids may be wired or chained in 8 spots max. IF WIRING YOU MAY WELD 1” HOLED WASHERS FOR WIRE TO RUN THROUGH. You may tuck trunk in 90 degrees. Wiring can go to floor in spare tire area but cannot wrap around frame. Spots of wire or chain must be distinct 8 separate spots, no intertwining spots.
7.Hood may be wired in 8 spots max. IF WIRING YOU MAY WELD 1” HOLED WASHERS FOR WIRE TO RUN THROUGH. Sheet metal of hood to sheet metal of fender only
8. Absolutely No creasing or wedging on rear of car
9. FRAME MAY BE SHORTENED TO THE FURTHERMOST FORWARD POINT OF CORE SUPPORT. CORE SUPPORT MAY NOT BE REMOVED OR REPOSITIONED. Do not push this
10. BUMPERS: A SMW light flat, A robinson, DEC equivalent are permitted. As an alternative, any 80’s chrome bumper. No seam welding, no loading
You may have a 6”x6” plate flat to front of frame for mounting purposes. you may not add shocks to a car that doesn’t come factory with bumper shocks. All cars that came with a bumper shock must keep the factory shock in the factory manner. 1 (PER RAIL) 4” X 4” ¼” PLATE MAY BE USED ON THE TOP OR OUTSIDE WHEEL FACING FRAME TO ATTACH BUMPER TO FRAME
Front- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around bumper one time and around core support. ONE LOOP. No crisscrossing of strands. Cannot go through the hood.
Rear- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around rear bumper and then through the trunk lid. Where it goes through the trunk lid can be no father forward than half the of trunk lid. No criss crossing strands
11.You may have 2 spots of 9 wire in the windshield area
12.Battery may be moved to inside of car but does not have to be. It is STRONGLY recommended that if battery is under the hood, it must be spray foamed in place. If moved to the cockpit of car, no wood battery boxes, must be secured tight and a steel battery box is recommended.
13.If gas tank is in front of rear axle, it is recommended that it be left in the factory position under the car
14.If gas tank is moved from under the car it must be replaced with a METAL tank in the rear seat/rear floor board area. Tank must be mounted securely to floor. You may not use ratchet straps to secure tank. You may NOT mount a factory tank inside the car. Any fuel system we feel is unsafe will not be allowed to run.
15.Tires may be doubled and tubed any tire allowed no bead locks or rim protectors of any kind. Nothing may be welded to wheel
16. A MINIMUM OF A REAR SEAT BAR IS REQUIRED WITH A MAX OF 2X6 MATERIAL OR 4X4 MATERIAL. AT MAXIMUM YOU MAY RUN A 4 POINT CAGE. SIDE BARS CANNOT EXCEED THE REAR KICK PANEL. ALL CAGE MATERIAL MUST REMAIN 5″ FROM ALL SHEET ETAL INCLUDING THE FLOOR. A STRAIGHT UP AND ACROSS HALO IS PERMITTED MUST COME OFF OF SIDE BARS.
17. Aftermarket shifters are permitted but must be bolted to the floor.
18. headers are permitted
19. Spring risers are permitted
20. Any front or rear tires and wheels but no beadlocks.
CARS MUST REMAIN STOCK UNLESS STATED IN THESE RULES
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Any Questions please call TJ McCullough 301-707-6870