3-Man Team Compacts
1. Wheelbase for FWD MAX of 110.5″
2. Wheelbase for RWD 109″
3. THIS IS A BASIC BUILD WITH FEW MODIFICATIONS. ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF RULES STATED BELOW WILL RESULT IN CUTTING OR POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
1. Any 4 cyl or 6 cyl engine. NO PROTECTORS
2. Engine swap permitted, No V8s
3. MOTOR MOUNTS CAN BE WELDED SOLID BUT CANNOT BE EXTENDED OR RELOCATED
4. Transmission mounts must have factory mount. NO SOLID MOUNTING.
5. No bracing of transmission.
6. A 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square tubing can be utilized as transmission crossmember.
7. Tranny coolers permitted
1. Any factory OEM bumpers permitted, BUMPERS MAY BE LOADED front and back
2. NO HOMEMADE BUMPERS. SMW ALLOWED
3. All bumper loading must be done inside the bumper and appear stock.
4. No sharp edges
5. ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL INSIDE OF FRAMES. SCOPING WILL BE PERFORMED. OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DRILL AND ULTRASOUND ANY SUSPECTED AREA.
6. Mounting of bumper: You may hardnose. YOU ARE PERMITTED TO CUT THE CRUSH BOX OFF BUT CANNOT MOVE THE CORE SUPPORT. YOU MAY ALSO ON THE OUTSIDE PORTION OF FRAME RAILS WELD A 2″2″ 1/4″ max X 10″ LONG PIECE OF SQUARE TUBING AS BUMPER SHOCK. You may also mount bumper with 4″, 1/4″ x 10″ long strap on outside of frame closest to wheel. May weld top, bottom, and back. Choose one or the other. WE DO NOT WANT BUMPERS FALLING OFF. 1 PER RAIL FRAME
* In two places, you may use a double strand (braided) nine wire that may go through hood and core support and around bumper to keep bumper from falling off. These two separate strands may not be cross crossed.
FRAME1. Frames are to remain stock. K member and unibody are considered frame in this class and are not to be altered or welded in any fashion. Welding on frame is limited to mounting of bumper. YOU MAVE HAVE ONE 3” WELD FROM K MEMBER TO BODY ON EACH SIDE
2. NO PLATING, PINNING CREASING, PINCHING, SHORTENING OR TILTING OF FRAMES
1. Drivers door may be welded solid.
2. All other doors can be welded 5″ on 5″ off as well as the trunk
3. Trunk may be Tucked, NO WEDGING but can be canoed. A 12″ space must remain from lowest point of canoe to highest point of trunk floor. NEW All quarters must remain upright, may not be smashed down. Pushing them down will be considered a wedge. If you have questions call.
4. All fenders may be creased both vertical and horizontal
5. the hood must have a minimum 12″ x 12″ holes and trunk must have a 12″ x 12″ hole for inspection. You are permitted to re bolt metal in 10 total spots around each inspection hole 3/8″ bolts max.
6. Speaker deck may be removed or beat down
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots by chain or bolting. If bolting you may only do so utilizing 2″x2″ angle max of 6” long 1/2″ bolts max. NO ALL THREAD, CANNOT USE CORE SUPPORT TO BOLT HOOD.
8. All body mounts must remain in stock location, but may be replaced with 1/2 “ bolt, but must pass through factory intended material.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Front tires- ANY TIRE including skid steer and V treds ARE PERMITTED
2. Rear tires- Any tire may be used including SOLID REAR TIRES, MAY USE RIMS ONLY
3. Weld in centers permitted. NO BEADLOCKS OR LIP PROTECTORS. Valve stem protectors permitted.
1. Front suspension only can be solid. Rear suspension must be factory other than NOW ALLOWING REAR TRAILING ARMS TO BE 2”X2” X ¼ INCH
2. No leaf spring conversions
3. RWD LEAF CARS: No aftermarket leaf packs. Clamps are limited to 4 per pack 2″ wide 1/8″ thick MAXIMUM.
4. Ball joints must remain stock
1. Aftermarket steering columns are permitted.
2. All steering components are to remain stock. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED.
1. A four point cage is recommended but not mandatory. HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING IS MANDATORY: REAR SEAT BAR AND FRONT WINDOW BAR. WINDOW BAR MUST RUN FROM ROOF TO COWL OR ROOF TO DASH BAR. CAN BE ANGLE IRON OR 2X2″ TUBING
2. A REAR WINDOW BAR AND HALO ARE PERMITTED. Bar may come from halo to speaker deck and can overlap onto truck lid 2″ to a 5″x5″ plate. Plate must coincide with 5″ on 5″ off pattern on trunk.
3. Gas tank protectors are recommended but not mandatory. If using a gas tank protector it can butt against package tray but cannot be welded or bolted to tray. Max of 28″ wide 4″ x 4″ tubing. On a sedan the tank protector must stop at the front of the speaker deck, on wagons the tank protector may not go past the front most part of the rear strut towers
4. Max width of cage bars can be 4″ x 4″ or 2″ x 6″. Side bars cannot extend past front door seem greater than 10″. Center bar for shifter permitted.
ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS
1. This is a TEAM DERBY. HOLDING IS LEGAL. You have two friends out there to get you free. ITS THE NATURE OF THE BEAST.
2. Teams will be brought onto track together but have no obligation to park together.
3. PIN TO WIN IS ALLOWED.
4. ALL CARS ON EACH TEAM ARE TO BE PAINTED THE SAME AND MUST BE TWO DISTINCT COLORS. PERSONAL ROOF SIGNS PERMITTED. EXAMPLE: HALF BLACK HALF YELLOW, FRONT OF CAR BLUE, DOORS BACK WHITE ARE ALL ACCEPTABLE.