1. 80s and newer ONLY
2. THIS IS A BASIC BUILD WITH FEW MODIFICATIONS. ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF RULES STATED BELOW WILL RESULT IN CUTTING OR POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION.
Car must be stock unless modification is clearly written.
ENGINE AND TRANNY
1. v8 Engines only
2. Engine must be specific to make
3. MOTOR MOUNTS CAN BE WELDED SOLID BUT CANNOT BE RELOACATED
4. Transmission mounts must have factory mount. NO SOLID MOUNTING.
5. No bracing of transmission.
6. No wiring harnesses, wiring may be relocated into dash area or to firewall.
7. Aftermarket brake pedals are permitted, no aftermarket gas pedals.
8. NO HEADERS
1. Any factory OEM bumpers permitted, BUMPERS MAY BE SEAM WELDED, no loading
2. NO HOMEMADE BUMPERS. ANY SMW LIGHT BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED> NO HEAVY STYLE For clarification contact SMW
3. All bumper holes may be covered with 1/8” but a 2” inspection hold on end cups is required.
4. No sharp edges
5. ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL INSIDE OF FRAMES. SCOPING WILL BE PERFORMED. OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DRILL AND ULTRASOUND ANY SUSPECTED AREA.
6. Mounting of bumper: You may hardnose. HARDNOSE IS DEFINED AS WELDING THE BUMPER FAST TO FLUSH FRONT OF FRAME WITHOUT SHORTENING THE FRAME> if hard nosing you may use a 1/4″ 6”x 6″ welding to front of frame and back of bumper. WE DO NOT WANT BUMPERS FALLING OFF. 1 PER RAIL FRAME
7. Bumpers may not be sleeved around bumper
8. ABSOLUTELY NO TIPPING OR PRE BENDING OR REAR BUMPER.
Frames are to remain stock. K member and unibody are considered frame in this class and are not to be altered or welded in any fashion. Welding on frame is limited to mounting of bumper
NO PLATING, PINNING CREASING, PINCHING, SHORTENING OR TILTING OF FRAME
Absolutely no shortening
You can minimally square off edge of frame for flush mounting surface
No clipping, or generation swapping
1. Drivers door may be welded solid OR HAVE DOOR SKIN.
2. All other doors can be welded banded, chained or 9 wired . If welding you get 2 4”x4”x ¼” max flat plates per vertical seam and 1 per horizontal. If using chain you get 2 chains per vertical seam one per horizontal. If 9 wiring 8 spots per door double stranded.
3. Trunk may be Tucked. Quarters must remain upright. YOU CANNOT DISH OR CANOE THE TRUNK. NO PUSHING DOWN SPEAKER DECK
4. No creasing, no creasing no creasing
5. the hood must have a minimum 12″ x 12″ holes and trunk must have a 12″ x 12″ hole for inspection. You are permitted to re bolt metal in 10 total spots around each inspection hole 3/8″ bolts max.
6. Speaker deck must remain in car and in factory location,
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots by chain or bolting. If bolting you may only do so utilizing 2″x2″ 6” LONG angle 1/2″ bolts max. NO ALL THREAD, CANNOT USE CORE SUPPORT TO BOLT HOOD.
8. All body mounts must remain in stock location and in stock form.
9. IN TWO SEPARATE SPOTS 1 BRAIDED STRAND OF NINE WIRE MAY GO AROUND BUMPER THROUGH CORE SUPPORT AND HOOD. NO CRISS CROSSING THESE STRANDS.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Front tires- ANY TIRE including skid steer and V treds ARE PERMITTED
2. Rear tires- Any tire may be used including SOLID REAR TIRES
3. Weld in centers permitted. NO BEADLOCKS OR LIP PROTECTORS. Valve stem protectors permitted.
1. Front suspension must be factory. Rear suspension must be factory.
2. No leaf spring conversions
3. Ball joints must be stock
4. NO CROSS BREEDING SPINDLES OR A ARMS.
5. WATTS LINK CARS MUST RUN WATTS LINK IN FACTORY LOCATION
1. NO Aftermarket steering columns.
2. All steering components are to remain stock. NO REINFORCEMENTS
1. REAR SEAT BAR AND FRONT WINDOW STRAP IS MANDATORY. WINDOW BAR MUST RUN FROM ROOF TO COWL
2. NO REAR WINDOW BAR .
3. Gas tankS. May be suspended off of the rear bar with a simple protector. Cannot be within 5” of the packing tray.
If not running a gas tankoff of the rear seat bar, gas tank must be mounted in center rear seat area. ABSOLUTELY NO PLATIC TANKS OR STOCK tanks
4. Max width of cage bars can be 4″ x 4″ or 2″ x 6