DAY OF THE DEAD Youth Full Size
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE NOT GUIDELINES,
THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY WHAT YOU CAN DO.
KEEP IT STOCK
1. Must be 12-16 without a drivers license. If you turn 17 during the season you will be permitted to run
2. PASSENGERS ARE NOT MANDATORY. Inexperienced drivers should have a rider. A parent, or adult 21 or older mayride along in car.
3. This is a class designed for learning purposes and building the next generation of demolition derby drivers and passing the torch. Please maintain the STOCK STYLE of build stated in the rules.
4. youth full size cars should be quick and easy to tech.
5. No imperials, limos, specialty vehicles permitted.
6. NO suicide Lincoln
7. 70s and 80s sedans and wagons permitted
8. Absolutely no stock fuel cells, must be a pressure tested fuel cell. Absolutely no stock fuel lines, fuel lines must be ran through the interior cockpit of the vehicle and must be double clamped.
1. No solid mounts, factory rubber mounts only, may be welded to frame. Poly mounts are permitted
2. A front plate , lower cradle and Pulley protector are permitted. Must have 2″ gap from sway bar. Nothing from lower cradle may go past the oil pan
3. Transmission cannot have steel bell or shaft.
4. OEM crossmembers only with rubber mount. NO solid tranny mounts.
5. NO SLIDER DRIVESHAFTS.
6. Any OEM 5 LUG rear, NO BRACING, pinion brace permitted. no axel savers
7. 1998 and newer must run factor watts link no exceptions.
8. Motor swaps and aftermarket bolt ins such as shifters and pedals allowed.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Any tire, may be doubled.
2. rims may have weld in centers
3. No beadlocks
4. Valve stem protectors permitted. LIP PROTECTORS ARE PERMITTED
1. Any factory OEM bumper on front or back. May be seem welded Ends may be cut and bent around but a 2″ diameter holes for inspection must be cut. SMW LIGHT BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED, NO HEAVIES, CALL FOR CLARIFICATION
2. Bumpers may be hardnosed with 6″x 6″ x 1/4″ plate
3. IF USING FACTOR BUMPER BRACKETS AND SHOCKS YOU MAY COLLAPSE SHOCKS, WELD SHOCKS SOLID, WELD SHOCK TO BRACKET AND WELD BRACKET TO FRAM IN ITS FACTORY LOCATION TOP 6’ BOTTOM 6” AND PLUG WELD.
4. RIDE HEIGHT MEASURED FROM BOTTOM OF BUMPERS. FRONT MAX OF 22” REAR MAY NOT BE LOWER THAN 14”
1. Front suspension may be solid by only using A ARMs welded to frame two spots one on each side 4″x4″ 1/4″ max plates. (2 per A arm)
2. OEM, COILS, SHOCKS only NO ALL THREAD
3. No leaf conversions
4. Rear shocks and coil springs must remain stock and in stock location.
5. HUMPS MAY BE CHAINED AROUND REAR IN ONE SPOT PER SIDE. YOU MAY WELD 2 LINKS TO HUMP TO ACHIEVE THIS. 3/8” CHAIN MAX
6. 1998 AND NEWER WATTS LINK FOMOCO CARS MAY UTILIZE WATTS LINK KITS, UPPER BRACKETS MAY NOT EXCEED 8”X8” AND LOWER BRACKETS CANNOT EXCEED 4” LONG 3”X3” C CHANNEL.
7. TRAILING ARMS FOR ALL CARS MAY BE 2”X3” TUBING MAX. ALL TRAILING ARMS MUST MOUNT IN FACTORY MANN WITH EXCEPTION OF 1998 AND NEWER FOMOCO UTILIZING WATTS LINK SETUP. CARS MUST RUN WITH THE FACTORY AMOUNT OF TRAILING ARMS FOR THAT SPECIFIC VEHICLE
1. All steering components are to remain stock.
2. Aftermarket steering column is permitted.
3. NO REINFORCEMENTS
1. Absolutely no welding of frame in any fashion other than specified
2. no pinning, plating loading of frames. STOCK only.
3. CORE SUPPORT SPACER MAY BE 2 HOCKEY PUCKS STACKED
4. No shortening of frame
5. NO TILTING OR COLD BENDING
1. Drivers door and passenger front door may be welded solid. Door skin permitted both front doors if desired
2. All other doors may be welded only no chaining banding or wiring in the following fashion. 2 3″x 6″ per vertical seem and 2 4×4″ plates total above window
3. trunk may be welded in 6 spots total 4×4″ plates 1/4″ max thickness.
4. Trunk may be tucked but cannot connect to trunk floor in any fashion. TRUNK MAY BE DISHED BUT A 12” SPACE MUST REMAIN FROM FLOOR TO TRUNK LID
5. Hood must have a minimum of 2 12″ holes one per side
6. Trunk must have 12″ inspection hole.
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots. NO ALL THREAD. You cannot use core support as a spot.
8. PICK ONE: 2×2″ angle maximum of 1/2″ bolts in six spots per hood, ONE BOLT PER ANGLE. YOU MAY CHAIN OF OR DOUBLE STRAND WIRE THE HOOD IN 6 SPOTS
9. Roof sign mandatory
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory location. ALL BODY MOUNTS MAY BE CHANGED TO HOCKEY PUCKS, NO STEEL SPACERS. BODY MOUNTS MAY COME THROUGH FLOOR AND MAY HAVE A MAX 3”X3” WASHER, MAX SIZE OF BOLT ½”, MAX LENGTH OF BOLT 6”. MAY ONLY PASS THROUGH THE FACTORY INTENDED MATERIAL MEANING TOP OF FRAME AND FLOOR.
CREASING IS PERMITTED
1. Mandatory 4 point cage
2. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
3. GAS TANK PROTECTOR BARS NO THICKER THAN 3″X 3″ TUBING. MAX width of gas tank protector 32”. May touch packing tray. In wagons cannot exceed the rear axel.
4. DOWN BARS ON BOTH front doors PERMITTED TO BODY BEHIND FRONT BAR GREATER THAN 10″
5. Dash bar must be 5″ from firewall.
6. halo recommended and bolted to roof.
7. Front bar mandatory, must be bolted to roof in two spots
8. NO REAR window BAR
9. For drivers and passenger front doors one of two options is mandatory. Options, Padding between driver and door. Option two : ¼” max plate between side bar and door skin is permitted from front door seam to seam and can be welded to rocker and cage.
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only drivers. All cars will be on level playing field.