CAR BUILDING RULES
Cars that are pre run and were on track at Buried Alive three can keep their 6 total fix it plates for this show and only 4 locations of wire. This is you max total of fix it plates. Fresh cars below receive 4
Seam welding of body or frame may result in an automatic load based on case to case
ANY FRAME PLATING or frame stuffing will be an automatic load. There will not be a compromise to fix this.
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
All cars fresh or pre ran may have 4 total 4”x 4” x ¼” max fix it plates. These plates may be utilized anywhere on frame or unibody. YOU CHOOSE WHEN TO PUT THEM ON PRIOR TO HEAT OF AFTER. Plates cannot touch directly and must be 1 full inch apart. However you may use 1/2” bead of weld all the way around. Plates must stay whole and in tact and cannot be split into more than one plate. All fix it plates can be parallelogram in shape but must follow the following measurements all four sides must be 4” long, and the two furthermost points can be a max of 7”. Anything more will be removed. There will be zero leniency on this. STOP PLAYING GAMES.
These plates can be bent or formed to frame.
All cars also get 4 locations of two loops braided 9 wire. These must be 4 separate locations no crossing.
To hold front bumper on you may have 2 locations of 2 loop braided nine wire core support to bumper only. On back back two loops braided wire two locations around bumper and through taillight cover area.
1. Wheelbase for FWD MAX of 110.5″
2. Wheelbase for RWD 109″
3. THIS IS A BASIC BUILD WITH FEW MODIFICATIONS. ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF RULES STATED BELOW WILL RESULT IN CUTTING OR POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
1. Any 4 cyl or 6 Cyl. NO PROTECTORS
2. Engine swaps permitted, no V8s
3. MOTOR MOUNTS CAN BE WELDED SOLID BUT CANNOT BE EXTENDED OR RELOCATED. Jeffys Fab Farm aftermarket mount of equivalent style mount ( must be approved) is permitted
4. Transmission mounts must have factory mount. NO SOLID MOUNTING. A single piece of 3/8” chain can be added. 1 link welded on each side meaning 1 link welded to transmission bracket and one to k member. 1 link per side!
5. No bracing of transmission.
6. RWD CARS ONLY: YOU MAY RUN A LOWER CRADLE, FRONT PLATE BUT NO PULLEY PROTECTOR. THE LOWER CRADLE CANNOT COME IN CONTACT WITH THE FRAME IN ANY FASHION AND MUST NOT COME PAST THE OIL PAN. MUST RAMAIN CLEAR FROM FIREWALL. NO TRANSMISSION BRACES. FIX IT PLATES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE ENGINE CRADLE AT ANY TIME NO MATTER WHAT. IF THE ENGINE CRADLE IS DEEMED TO UTILIZED TO STRENGTHEN THE CAR AND NOT FOR ENGINE BLOCK PROTECTION YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO RUN. RWD engine mounting is limited to a 6”x 6” area.
A 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square tubing can be utilized as transmission crossmember must be straight across, no curving, no belly bars. ON SIDE RAIL (ONE PER RAIL) 5” LONG MAX ANGLE IRON MAY BE WELDING TO MOUNT CROSSMEMEMBER. MUST BE WITHIN 5” OF FACTORY LOCATION.
No slider driveshafts
7. Tranny coolers are permitted but cannot be mounted in any fashion that strengthens car.
1. Any factory OEM bumpers permitted, BUMPERS MAY BE LOADED
2. SMW ALLOWED
3. Homemade bumpers are now permitted. Max of 8”x 8”. Homemade bumpers ay have a maximum point of 4” from flat front. Chrysler pointy replicas must be 8” point from flat front and 14” flat back to front. ALL points must taper over 32”.
4. No sharp edges
5. ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL INSIDE OF FRAMES. SCOPING WILL BE PERFORMED. OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DRILL AND ULTRASOUND ANY SUSPECTED AREA.
6. Mounting of bumper: You may hardnose. YOU ARE PERMITTED TO CUT THE CRUSH BOX OFF BUT CANNOT MOVE THE CORE SUPPORT.
BUMPER MOUNTING OPTIONS, CHOOSE ONE
OPTION A: ON THE OUTSIDE PORTION OF FRAME RAIL facing the wheel, WELD A 2″2″ 1/4″ max X 10″ LONG PIECE OF SQUARE TUBING AS BUMPER SHOCK.
OPTION B: mount bumper with 4″, 1/4″ x 10″ long strap on outside of frame closest to wheel. May weld top, bottom, and back. Choose one or the other. WE DO NOT WANT BUMPERS FALLING OFF. 1 PER RAIL FRAME
Either bumper mounting option allows you to weld it to the K Member mount.
You may cap the end of the frame rail at its furthermost forward point with x 6”x 6” x1/4” plate. Cannot be welding on the side top left bottom or right of frame. Must be welded to flat front of frame
Bumpers must mount flat on front of frame. You cannot sleeve bumper around frame. Back of bumper must be welded to front of frame, NO EXCEPTIONS . You cannot recess bumper down into frame.
DO not shorten front frame past farthest part outwards of core support you cannot fix this call if you have any questions, You may trim off crush boxes up till this point , You may remove core support if you do choose to do so , we will measure we highly advise not to shorten past what is said above CALL!!!!!
Rear bumper shocks apply same as the front, you may put a tilt on your rear bumper however do not raise bumper higher than its factory mounted position for example placing bumper 3″ higher than it would sit factory on the car. This is to help your car roll nothing more nothing less
ALL FRAME CLIPPING MUST BE PRE-APPROVED FROM RYAN RUHE. MUST BE MAKE AND MODEL SPECIFIC. CALL CALL CALL.
1. Frames are to remain stock OTHER THAN STATED. K member and unibody are considered frame in this class and are not to be altered or welded in any fashion. Welding on frame is limited to mounting of bumper.
2. NO PLATING, PINNING CREASING, PINCHING
1. Drivers door may be welded solid.
2. All other doors can be welded 5″ on 5″ off as well as the trunk. 5”x 5” flat plate ¼” max thickness. You may weld trunk lid to floor on backside 5 on 5 off if you desire to do so
3. Trunk may be Tucked, NO WEDGING but can be canoed. A 12″ space must remain from lowest point of canoe to highest point of trunk floor. (NEW) All quarters must remain upright, may not be smashed down. Pushing them down will be considered a wedge. If you have questions call. From the side the quarters must appear upright.
4. All fenders may be creased both vertical and horizontal
5. the hood must have a minimum 12″ x 12″ holes and trunk must have a 12″ x 12″ hole for inspection. You are permitted to re bolt metal in 10 total spots around each inspection hole 3/8″ bolts max.
6. Speaker deck may be removed or beat down
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots by chain or bolting. If bolting you may only do so utilizing 2″x2″ angle max of 6” long 1/2″ bolts max. You may cut excess hood or roll it down over c support do not move hood from factory location to gain extra folding
8. All body mounts must remain in stock location and in stock form. Leave factory rubber bushings in place or you may use 1 standard size hockey puck if your bushing is rotted or missing
9. NEW********* FRONT K MEMBER MOUNTING
Option 1: You may use (5/8”) max size all thread for your front K member mounts. This must go through the factory front K member mount. In doing this you get (3) 3” ¼” washers, (3) store bought 5/8” nuts may be used and welded for all thread to pass through. No staggering them off the all thread. Must remain a vertical path. No sleeving what so ever. You may remove your factory bushing and the k member tight to unibody but cannot be welded unless you are using a fix it plate here. This all thread will count as two of your hood hold downs.
Option 2: No all thread, but you receive (1) 3”x3”x1/4” plate per side that must align center of the front K Member mount on the outside wheel facing side. No staggering or shifting this plate forward or backward, CENTERED! In alignment with the K Member bolt. You may weld this plate to you bumper shock or K member how you see fit as long as it follows these guidelines. You may remove bushing and suck it tight using factory bolt.
Rear K member mount must remain factory in tact with rubber bushing.
10. On front of core support, 1/8 expanded metal or 1/8” design plate may cover in front of the radiator. This plate or mesh can be attached with either (4) total 3/8” bolts with store bought washers or (4) one inch welds ½ inch bead max. The max width is no great greater than a factory ac condenser.
11. NO SEDAGONING OF WAGONS. YOU CANNOT PHYSICALLY BEAT THE ROOF DOWN IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM, CALL FIRST THERE WILL NOT BE AN OPTION FOR FIXING THIS DAY OF.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Front tires- ANY TIRE including skid steer and V treds ARE PERMITTED
2. Rear tires- Any tire may be used including SOLID REAR TIRES, MAY USE RIMS ONLY
3. Weld in centers permitted. NO BEADLOCKS
4. LIP PROTECTORS and Valve stem protectors permitted.
- Front suspension only can be solid. Strut may be reinforced. Nothing with reinforcement may strengthen another part of the car.
- Rear suspension must be factory other than NOW ALLOWING REAR TRAILING ARMS TO BE 2”X2” X ¼ INCH. YOU MAY REINFORCE SIDE TO SIDE CONTROL ARMS IN THE REAR ONLY BUT YOU MUST USE THE FACTORY ENDS OF THE CONTROL ARMS, NO WRAPPING THE ENDS, YOU MAY USE A MAX OF 2”X2” TUBING OR SMALLER AND MUST BE IN FACTORY LOCATION. THIS IS TO HELP KEEP YOUR WHEELS ON.
Rear wheel must stay centered in the middle of wheel well, cannot moved them forward from factory. Rear trailing arm must mount to rear spindle in factory manner, no adding material.
Trailing arm must bolt into factory location and manner.
Rear suspension may now be welded solid with (1) 3”x3” 6” long max piece of angle and may be welded rear strut to frame, nothing more nothing less
REAR WHEEL DRIVE CARS
RWD MAY NOT USE FWD SUSPENSION RULES.
RWD CARS: must use factory spindle and A arm make and model specific 2 2”X2” ¼” A ARM STRAPS PER UPPER A ARM, NOTHING ON BOTTOM CONTROL ARM. MUST USE FACTORY COIL SPRINGS
ON REAR YOU MAY USE 1” ALL THREAD AS REAR SHOCKS. UPPER CONTROL ARMS CANNOT BE WELDED TO BECOME SOLID. ONE LOOP OF 3/8” MAX CHAIN PER SIDE TO LOCK REAR SUSPENSION WITH A BOLT IN THE CHAIN MAX BOLT SIZE ½”. CHAIN CANNOT BE WELDING IN ANY FASHION.
Front is to sit no higher than 21″ to bottom of front bumper and no lower than 11″ to bottom of rear frame rails factory spindle and a.arm
2. No leaf spring conversions
3. RWD LEAF CARS: No aftermarket leaf packs. Clamps are limited to 4 per pack 2″ wide 1/8″ thick MAXIMUM.
4. Ball joints must remain stock appearing. No screw ins Ball joints may be welded
1. Aftermarket steering columns are permitted.
2. All steering components are to remain stock. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. 2X2 by 2″ long block may be added to strut to act as a strut protector do not connect this to unibody abuse it you lose it
- A four point cage is recommended but not mandatory. HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING IS MANDATORY: REAR SEAT BAR AND FRONT WINDOW BAR. WINDOW BAR MUST RUN FROM ROOF TO COWL OR ROOF TO DASH BAR. CAN BE ANGLE IRON OR 2X2″ TUBING Front bar must be 5′ away from firewall and all other cage parts must be 6″ off the floor at any given point
- IF DESIRED THE FRONT WINDOW BAR MAY BE WELDED TO THE HALO BAR MOVE FORWARD ON THE ROOF AND DOWN TO THE FRONT DASH BAR BUT NOT IN FRONT OF THE DASH BAR. MAX SIZE OF FRONT WINDOW BAR IS 2X2 INCH TUBING. FRONT WINDOW BAR MAY BE ATTACHED TO ROOF TWIZE VIA BOLTING WITH 2 X 2 ANGLE IRON MAX 4” LONG……OR FOR WINDOW PROTECTION YOU MAY RUN A MAX OF 2 3” STRAPS ( OR COMPARABLE) ROOF TO COWEL AND MAY HAVE A GUSSET BETWEEN THEM. IF IT IS DEEMED FOR SAFETY IT WILL BE ALLOWED.
- REAR WINDOW BAR- MAX OF 2”X2”, 1 PER CAR, MAY BE WELDED TO HALO BAR AND MUST RUN DOWN TO FLOOR AND TIE INTO THE REAR SUB. YOU CANNOT ADD 2X2 OR PLATE UNDER THE CAR TO WELD IT TO THE SUB. CANNOT ANGLE IN A 90 UNDER THE CAR TO GAIN MORE THAN WHATS ALLOWED. YOU MAY USE A 5”X5” ¼” PLATE ON TOP OF SHEET METAL TO ATTACH YOUR BAR TO FLOOR. THIS IS FOR WAGONS AS WELL.
- WE WILL NO LONGER BE PERMITTING YOUR WINDOW BAR TO BE PLACED ON TOP OF TRUNK LID AND SPEAKER DECK SEAM. THIS HAS BECOME AN ISSUE REVEALING THE REAR WINDOW BAR AS A SHAPE BLUNT OBJECT ONCE THE CAR BENDS.
- Halo may be a max of 4 inch material and must start from the top of side bars run straight up across and straight down. No angling. HALO CAN BE NO FARTHER BACK THAN THE MIDDLE OF THE REAR DOORS BETWEEN B POST AND C POST.
- NEW….. You may have one 2”x2” gusset from gas tank protector to the rear window bar.
Wagons rear window bar cannot be further back than read axle 5”x5”x1/4” plate welded to floor to mount it. Must be 5” away from tank protector and can be a max of 2”x2” tubing
Gas tank protectors are recommended but not mandatory. If using a gas tank protector it can butt against package tray but cannot be welded or bolted to tray. Max of 28″ wide 4″ x 4″ tubing. On a sedan the tank protector must stop at the front of the speaker deck, on wagons the tank protector may not go past the front most part of the rear strut towers 2″ above factory speaker deck height max tallness for tank protectors
4. Max width of cage bars can be 4″ x 4″ or 2″ x 6″. Side bars cannot extend past front door seem greater than 10″. Center bar for shifter permitted.
5. ABSOLUTELY NO STOCK FUEL TANKS. MUST BE A PRESSURE TESTED AFTERMARKET FUEL CELL
Fuel cells must be bolted in
For rules questions and verification, contact RYAN RUHE 937-408-7269