ALL RUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
Or Specialty vehicles
1. Any 1970s or 80’s and newer sedan or station wagon, no imperials. PRE RAN CARS ARE PERMITTED HOWEVER THEY DO NOT RECEIVE ANY ADDITIONAL FIX IT PLATES NOR DO THEY GET ANY WIRE OR BANDING
2. Any motor and transmission. Transmission cooler permitted in cockpit tightly secured.
3. FULL CRADLES PERMITTED. SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS PERMITTED
4. Transmission crossmember may be a max of 2″x 2″ 1/4″ tubing connected to frame by 1/4″ 4″x 6″ angle. You MAY NOT put the crossmember through the frame in any fashion. TRANSMISSION MAY HAVE STEEL BELL, STEEL SHAFT AND MAY HAVE
TRANSMISSION BRACE WITH SOLID TRANNY MOUNT CONNECTED TO CROSSMEMBER ONLY.
5. Slider driveshaft permitted
6. ANY REAR, BRACING ALLOWED. NO BRACING MAY ATTACH TO BODY, FRAME OF PACKAGE TRAY AND CANNOT STRENGTHEN CAR IN ANY WAY.
7. Bracing of rear must occur between humps measured from innermost point of frame aka width of package tray. NO BUMP STOPS
8. Wheels and Tires
9. Any tire may be doubled.
10. Full wheel centers permitted, valve stem protectors allowed may not extend out past the wheel further than 1″. lip protectors, beadlocks ARE PERMITTED
11. Wheels may be spaced 1/2″ with additional center.
12. No external rubber or other material on the outside to protect the tire.
13. Both front and back bumpers may be any bumper.
14. No sharp edges, End caps permitted.
15. May be seam welded
16. HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS. MUST NOT EXCEED 8″X 8″. IF IT HAS A POINT THE POINT MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4″ FROM FLAT FRONT OF BUMPER. POINT MUST TAPER OVER 32″. Bumpers cannot be sleeved around frame OR built around frame. Bumper must be built from flush mounting SURFACE forward, not backward around frame.
17. Bumper mounting: you may use a 2″X 2″ x 12″ x 3/8″ SQUARE TUBING OR 4″ X 12″ 3/8″ thick plate on outside of frame Measurement for frame plate starts at the end of the frame. Plate can be on outside of frame top bottom left or right
18. Measurement of plate from back of bumper with straight edge
19. Bumpers may not be lower than 14″s or higher than 22″. Measurement taken from bottom of bumper.
03 AND NEWER
All 03 and newer cars must use a factory aluminum engine cradle and steering rack. Tie rods may be reinforced. These are the only restrictions for 03 and newer cars. All other rules apply.
*If choosing to swap a 80s style body onto a 03 and newer frame, the car will be inspected as a 03 and newer and above rules will apply.
You may use an approved (by Deadman Derby) bolt in only piece for engine mounting purposes. Smith metal works style is approved. All others must be approved. No welding piece in.
1. Cars do not have to bounce
2. Rear suspension may be 1″ all thread.
3. Coils may be welded to the rear and banded to the body in one spot.
4. NO LEAF SPRING CONVERSIONS
5. NO AFTERMARKET A ARMS
6. Front suspension may be solid. Upper A arm may be contoured to frame and may be welded either with a single pass 4″ bead 1 per side or use a 4″ x 4″ max A ARM to frame on each side.(2 per A arm)
7. A Arms may be swapped OEM to OEM. Ball joints MAY BE AFTERMARKET AND may be welded in. Spindles OEM to OEM, NO aftermarket spindles
8. Front shock can be 1″ all thread. No Ski springs. Nothing at all is permitted on top of the coil springs. Coil pockets may not be reinforced in any fashion.
9. Sway bar may be bolted to the lower arm. CANNOT BE WELDED ANYWHERE
10. Humps may be chained around rear one spot per side
11. Watts link kits are permitted. If using a watts link aftermarket or homemade it must bolt to the package tray utilizing only 7/16″ maximum bolts. You MAY NOT, bolt through the package tray to the body. NO WELDING TO PACKAGE TRAY. Watts link uppers must be two separate pieces bolted together. Lowers may be a max of 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square cut for desired pinion angle and mounted in one fashion. A bracket on the inside of the frame may be welded but lower 2×2 must bolt to that bracket. LOWER trailing arm CANNOT BE WELDED IN ANY FASHION. WATTS LINK KIT CAN ONLY BE BOLTED TO PACKAGE TRAY NO WELDING12. Leaf Sprung Wagons and Sedans: No aftermarket leaf packs, no flat stacking or flip flopping leafs. No springs on top of main spring. 9 leafs maximum, 5/16″ maximum thickness, 2″ stair step AND STAGGER, 4 clamps per LEAF PACK. Clamps maximum of 1/4” thickness 2″ max width and bolted with 3/8″ bolts.
1. Steering boxes must be mounted at factory location,however you may utilize an aftermarket adapter plate if you prefer to change steering box OEM to OEM between manufactures.
2. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. AFTERMARKET PERMITTED. HEIM JOINTS
PERMITTED. 03 AND NEWER MUST UTILIZE OEM STEERING RACK
3. Aftermarket steering columns permitted.
4. Center link must remain factory
5. NO HYDRAULIC STEERING
All cars fresh or pre ran get four fix it plates on exterior of frame Fix it plates are to be 4”x4” 3/8” max. The four fix it’s are for the entirety of event! You choose if you want to put all four on right away or after heat
1. SEAM WELDING A ARMS FORWARD IS PERMITTED. NO OTHER SEAMS MAY BE WELDED
2. TILTING PERMITTED. YOU MAY TILT IN ONE SPOT PER RAIL ONLY NO EXCEPTIONS
3. NO PLATING, NO STUFFING OR PINNING an ultrasound will be utilized to measure
4. Rear frame may be dimpled or cut for rolling
5. You may shorten the front frame section to core support pedestal or radiator mounting support hole. rear frames may not be shortened
6. A 20″ X 6″ X 3/8″ MAX HUMP PLATE IS PERMITTED ON THE OUTSIDE OF FRAME CLOSEST TO WHEEL. Hump plates must be between the body mount in front of the arch and the body mount behind the arch. You choose the exact location Leaf sprung sedans and wagons get an 11’”x 6” X 3/8” HUMP PLATE BUT IT MUST BE CENTERED IN HUMP. METRIC GMS GET A……
7. No painting or undercoating on frames. No putty.
8. You may swap frames but the car will be inspected based on make model and year of frame.
9. All body mounts may be changed to 5/8″ BOLTS
10. A 1″ space must be maintained at all times. This may be achieved utilizing any of the
following: solid, OEM , Hockey pucks
11. Boxes are limited to 4″ space. Core supports a MAX space of 8″. Core support spacers only, may be welded.
12. Rust repair is limited, ALL MUST BE PREAPPROVED.
13. The Driver’s door AND FRONT PASSENGER DOOR may be welded solid and you may have full door skin 1/4″ max overlapping no more than one inch of seam. DOOR SKIN NOT PERMITTED ON REAR DOORS No protruding metal or rails outside drivers door.
14. All other door seams may be welded in a 5″ on 5″ off fashion. Outside seem only
15. Trunk 5″ on 5″ off
16. Trunks may be dished or canoed. A 2″ space must remain from trunk floor to trunk lid.
Measurement will be taken from lowest point of lid and highest point of trunk if beat up.
YOU MAY ONLY USE THE FACTORY TRUNK LID NO HOODS. SPEAKER DECK MAY BE REMOVED
17. Mandatory: 2 10″ holes one per side of trunk lid for inspection. Holes may be bolted with 3/8″ bolts in 10 spots.
18. Trunk may be tucked
19. Hood: May be secured in 6 Spots. Can be chained or bolted. If bolted you may only do so in the following fashion: Angle 2″ x 2″ maximum of 1/2″ bolts. NO NINE WIRING HOODS. FRONT CORE SUPPORT MAY BE USED AS 2 SPOTS UP TO 1″ ALL THREAD. ALL THREAD MAY NOT RUN THROUGH FRAME RAIL. MAX OF 3″ WASHERS.
20. A minimum of 2 12″ holes must be cut. Holes may be bolted with a maximum of 3/8″ bolts and a max total of 16.
21. Fenders may be cut and rolled for clearance and welded back together or bolted a max of 8 times with 3/8″ max bolts.
22. All fenders and body lines may be creased both horizontal and vertical. Be creative.
However, side rear fenders must remain upright in factory location, not beat down or inward.
23. Expanded metal Permitted at core support for radiator protection. Partial or full radiator protectors ARE PERMITTED. Water only in the Radiator.
24. No wedging
25. Speaker Deck may be removed or beat down. No rewelding of speaker deck in new
26. Roof sign Mandatory for Identification
27. no additional nine wire, banding, chain or cord allowed other than specified
28. Four point “floating cage” Dash bar, rear seat bar two side rails. In addition to side rails a center bar from rear bar to dash bar. ALL CAGE MUST REMAIN INSIDE COCKPIT
29. Dash bar must remain 5″ from the firewall. Side bars cannot extend beyond 10” OF FRONT DOOR SEAM NOTHING OTHER THAN SIDE BARS MAY BE PAST THE DASH BAR
30. Cage may be gusseted at corners.
31. ON DRIVERS SIDE AND PASSENGERS SIDE… A DOWN BAR IS PERMITTED BETWEEN DASH BAR AND REAR SEAT BAR FOR DRIVER PROTECTION OR EQUIPMENT MOUNTED ON FLOOR PROTECTION. HOWEVER, THE BAR MUST BE PLACED
10″ OR FURTHER BEHIND BASH BAR and only welded to body SHEET METAL.
32. A gas tank protector is permitted. No Wider than 32″. Gas tank protectors may butt up against the package tray and MAY HAVE TWO ½” BOLTS THROUGH THE PACKING TRAY
33. Gas tank protectors may have two diagonal rails to halo or rear seat bar BELOW WINDOW.
34. Halo bars recommended. Halo may be bolted to the roof.
35. From the halo bar a front bar may be used and can connect to the dash bar and welded 9. Rear window bar. Limit of 2×2 1/4″ from halo to speaker deck. a 4×4″ plate is permitted at the bottom of the rear bar and may overlap and be welded to the trunk lid. This plate must coincide with the 5 on 5 off rule.
36. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X4″ OR 2″X 6′ NO PASSENGERS
37. NO SHORTENING OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel. Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. 3 inch maximum washers. Body bolts may only pass through the top of the frame
38. ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS> MUST BE AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED FUEL CELL• For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!
Jacob Gilliam 614-315-7468. Please do not call or text after 9 pm eastern time.