Winner Take All – $2,000
ALL RUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
WELCOME TO HELL. 24 ENTRIES ACCEPTED $125 EACH. 1 RAFFLE CAR. THE RAFFLE CARE WILL BE DRAWN SATURDAY EVENING. THE WINNER WILL AUTOMATICALLY BECOME ENTRY # 10 AND WILL GET TO KEEP THE ENTIRE CAR.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
24 NAMES WILL BE DRAWN AT RANDOM. YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHAT NUMBER YOU ARE. IN FACT YOU WILL NOT KNOW WHEN YOU’RE GOING IN UNTIL ITS TIME. ALL 25 DRIVERS WILL BE LOCKED AND READY TO ROLL OUTSIDE OF THE GRAVEYARD. # 1 WILL BE CALLED INTO THE GRAVEYARD AUTOMATICALLY STARTING RUMBLE. EVERY 45″ ANOTHER CAR WILL BE BROUGHT IN BASED ON RANDOM DRAW UNTIL ALL 25 CARS HAVE ENTERED. WHEN CALLED TO TRACK YOUR NUMBER WILL BE SPRAYED ON BOTH SIDES AND YOU ARE FREE TO ENTER HELL. THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE SURVIVOR. NO SECOND PLACE. WINNER TAKE ALL.
IF #1 ENTRY, #2 ENTRY, OR RAFFLE CAR# 10 WINS, THE PRIZE MONEY WILL BE DOUBLED, GUARANTEED $4000. OH YEAH, FOR YOU CRAZIES.. $500 REAPER AWARD…. IMPRESS ME I MIGHT GIVE MORE
RULES SPECIFIC TO RUMBLE
1. CARS MAY BE PAINTED ANY COLOR BUT BOTH THE DRIVERS DOOR AND PASSENGER DOOR MUST BE A SOLID COLOR FOR OFFICIALS TO PAINT YOUR ENTRY NUMBER FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES FOR CROWD AND OFFICIALS. YOU MAY RUN YOU PERSONAL ROOF SIGN
2. IF ROLLED OVER….. YOU ARE ELIMINATED. FOR EVERY ROLL OVER $100 WILL BE ADDED TO FIRST PLACE.
3. ONE FIRE…. YOU’RE OUT ( WE WILL ONLY STOP TO PUT FIRE OUT IF IT IS FUEL, TRANNY FIRE OR DANGEROUS TO DRIVERS)
4. IF PUSHED OVER THE WALL… YOU’RE OUT, IT IS A RUMBLE AFTER ALL.
5. A RED FLAG STOPS THE LIVE ACTION AND THE COUNTDOWN CLOCK
6. YOU HAVE 20″ TO ANSWER THE CALL. AFTER THAT YOU WILL BE DENIED ENTRY. IF YOU ARE ENTRY 12, YOU EITHER ENTER AT 12 OR NOT AT ALL.
7. THE WINNER OF 2020 GRAVEYARD RUMBLE WILL BE GRANTED FREE ENTRY FOR 5 YEARS. IN 2021 THERE WILL BE 24 ENTRIES, ONE RAFFLE CAR AND ONE DEFENDING CHAMPION. ONCE WE HIT 30 CARS YOU HAVE TO RE- ENTER PAID. IF YOU REPEAT AS WINNER DURING YOUR FIVE YEARS AN EXTRA $2000 WILL BE AWARDED. IF YOU WIN BACK TO BACK IT WILL BE DOUBLED BUT, THE NEXT YEAR YOU WILL ENTER # 1 FOR A CHANCE AT $5000 TO WIN. HOWEVER A THOUSAND DOLLAR BOUNTY WILL BE PLACED ON YOUR HEAD TO THE DRIVER WHO ELIMINATES YOU. MEANING THE LAST PERSON TO HIT YOU BEFORE YOU BREAK YOUR STICK.
8. YOU ARE THE FINAL SHOW OF BURIED ALIVE, I EXPECT THE WILDEST , HARDEST HITTING SHOW EVER. CARS ARE BUILT STRONG ENOUGH TO GO. SKINNY PEDAL IS ON THE RIGHT. ALL CARS MUST HAVE WORKING BRAKES… GROW A SET AND DON’T USE THEM.
BUT WAIT….IF YOU’RE TOO AFRAID TO GO IN ALONE…. HAVE A FRIEND JOIN YOU AS A PASSENGER. $100 FOR PASSENGER TO RIDE ALONG. SEE PASSENGER SECTION
03 AND NEWER
All 03 and newer cars must use factory aluminium engine cradle and steering rack. Tie rods may be reinforced. These are the only restrictions for 03 and newer cars. All other rules apply.
*If choosing to swap a 80s style body onto a 03 and newer frame, the car will be inspected as a 03 and newer and above rules will apply.
You may use an approved (by Deadman Derby) bolt in only piece for engine mounting purposes. Smith metal works style is approved. All others must be or approved. No welding piece in.
1. NO Imperials, no imperial sub frames or specialty vehicles, limos or hearses.
2. NO PRE RUN CARS in this class
3. No TILTING or COLD BENDING, measurements of angles will be taken on all cars
4. No plating of frame outside of DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE SEE BELOW. An ultrasound will be used to measure thickness of suspected areas. If found plated, that car will be automatically disqualified. This includes loading of frames.
5. No spray foam or other materials inside frame.
DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE.
EACH CAR IS PERMITTED (2) 1/4″ X 4″ X 12″ PLATES ANYWHERE ON FRAME. MAY ATTACH TO BODY. YOU CAN FORM THE PLATE BUT DO NOT CUT IT, MUST REMAIN ONE SOLID PLATE. IF YOU WANT IT BENT HEAT IT OR HAMMER IT. MUST BE PAINTED RED. ASIDE FROM THOSE RESTRICTIONS, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. BE CREATIVE BUT REMEMBER BE SMART, YOU’RE ABOUT TO ENTER HELL WITH 24 OTHERS. MAKE A DECISION BUT REMEMBER, YOU DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE
1. Any motor and transmission with exception of no steel bell, no steel tailshaft. Transmission cooler permitted in cockpit tightly secured.
2. A basic 1/2″ max lower cradle front plate and pulley protector permitted. DISTRIBUTOR PROTECTOR. Dp and front plates may not be connected together in any fashion. NO HALO AND NO MID PLATE NO TRANSMISSION BRACE
3. Solid motor mounts permitted, mounts may be spaced 1/2″ max to gain clearance of center link.
4. Factory rubber transmission mount only. NO SOLID MOUNT. Transmission crossmember may be a max of 2″x 2″ 1/4″ tubing connected to frame by 1/4″ 4″x 4”angle 6” long. You MAY NOT put the crossmember through the frame in any fashion.
5. Slider driveshaft permitted
6. Any 5 or 8 lug rear
Nothing with bracing may attach to package tray or body. Axel savers and pinion brake permitted.
Wheels and Tires
1. Any tire, may be doubled.
2. Full wheel centers permitted, valve stem protectors allowed may not extend out past wheel further than 1″. No lip protectors, no beadlocks.
3. Wheels may be spaced 1/2″ with additional center.
4. No external rubber or other material on outside to protect tire.
1. Both front and back bumpers may be any OEM LOADED. All bumper loading must be performed inside the bumper with the exception of the backing may be exposed for flush mounting purposes.
2. No sharp edges, End caps permitted.
3. May be seam welded
4. HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS. MUST NO EXCEED 8″X 8″. IF IT HAS A POINT THE POINT MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4″ FROM FRONT OF BUMPER. POINT MUST TAPER OVER 32″.
5. Bumper mounting: Bumpers may be mounted utilizing a 4″ x 12″ long x 3/8″ thickness with a 4″ long L for mounting on back of bumper
6. Bumpers may not be lower than 14″s or higher than 22″. Measurement taken from bottom of bumper.
7. Rear bumper mounting: May be mounted directly to rear frame rail with a 6×6 inch plate or you may utilize front mounting rules on rear bumper. 4in x 12in x 3/8in thick plate on outside of frame with 4in L mounting.
1. Cars do not have to bounce
2. Rear suspension may be 1″ all thread.
3. Coils may be welded to rear and banded to body in one spot.
4. NO LEAF SPRING CONVERSIONS
5. Leaf Sprung Wagons and Sedans: No aftermarket leaf packs, no flat stacking or flip flopping leafs. 9 leafs maximum, 5/16″ maximum thickness, 2″ stair step, 4 clamps per LEAF PACK. Clamps maximum of 1/4” thickness 2″ max width and bolted with 3/8″ bolts.
6. Front suspension may be solid. Upper A arm may be contoured to frame and may be welded either with a single pass 4″ bead 1 per side or use a 4″ x 4″ max A ARM to frame on each side. (2 per A arm)
7. A Arms may be swapped OEM to OEM. Ball joints OEM but may be welded in. Spindles OEM to OEM, NO aftermarket spindles
8. Front shock can be 1″ all thread. Must be in factory location.
9. Sway bar may be bolted to lower arm. CANNOT BE WELDED ANYWHERE
10. Humps can be chained around rear in one spot per side.
11. Watts link kits are permitted. If using a watts link aftermarket or homemade it must bolt to package tray utilizing only 7/16″ maximum bolts. You MAY NOT, bolt through package tray to body. NO WELDING TO PACKAGE TRAY. Watts link uppers must be two separate pieces bolted together. Lowers may be a max of 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square cut for desired pinion angle and mounted in one fashion. A bracket on the inside of frame may be welded but lower 2×2 must bolt to that bracket. LOWER CANNOT BE WELDED IN ANY FASHION.
1. Steering boxes must be mounted at factory location, however you may utilize aftermarket adapter plate if you prefer to change steering box OEM to OEM between manufactures.
2. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. NO AFTERMARKET. No heim joints must have factory style set up with ball joints.
3. Aftermarket steering columns permitted.
4. Center link must remain factory
1. NO SEAM WELDING, INCLUDING WHERE FACTORY MISSED.
2. NO TILTING OR COLD BENDING. I WILL STATE ONE MORE TIME, THAT MEASUREMENTS AND ANGLES WILL BE TAKEN TO ENSURE EVERYONE IS ON THE SAME PLAYING FIELD. DON’T GET LOADED BECAUSE YOU CANT FOLLOW ONE RULE.
3. NO PLATING, NO STUFFING OR PINNING an ultrasound will be utilized to measure frame thickness
4. Welding on frame should be limited to, Dig your own grave rule, hardnosing or brackets, A Arm securing and watts link.
5. Rear frame may be dimpled or cut for rolling
6. You may shorten front frame section to core support pedestal or radiator mounting support hole. rear frames may not be shortened
7. You may massage humps outside only beating inward maximum of 3/4″. Everyone has a hammer.
8. No painting or undercoating on frames. No putty.
9. no frame swapping
10. All body mounts may be changed to 5/8″ BOLTS
11. A 1″ space must be maintained at all times. This may be achieved utilizing any of the following: solid, OEM , Hockey pucks
12. Boxes are limited to 1″ space. Core support a MAX space of 4″. Core support spacers only, may be welded.
13. Rust repair is limited, ALL MUST BE PRE-APPROVED.
1. Drivers door may be welded solid and you may have full door skin 1/4″ max overlapping no more than one in of seam. No petruding metal or rails outside drivers door.
2. All other door seams may be welded in a 5″ on 5″ off fashion. Outside seem only
3. Trunk 5″ on 5″ off
4. trunk may be dished or canoed. A 12″ space must remain from trunk floor to trunk lid.
Measurement will be taken from lowest point of lid and highest point of trunk if beat up.
5. Mandatory: 2 10″ holes one per side of trunk lid for inspection. Holes may be bolted with 3/8″ bolts in 10 spots.
6. Trunk may be tucked
7. Hood: May be secured in 6 Spots. Can be chained or bolted. If bolted you may only do so in the following fashion: Angle 2″ x 2″ maximum of 1/2″ bolts. NO NINE WIRING HOODS.
FRONT CORE SUPPORT MAY BE USED AS 2 SPOTS UP TO 1″ ALL THREAD. ALL THREAD MAY NOT RUN THROUGH FRAME RAIL. MAX OF 3″ WASHERS.
8. A minimum of 2 12″ holes must be cut. Holes may be bolted with a maximum of 3/8″ bolts and a max total of 16.
9. Fenders may be cut and rolled for clearance and welded back together or bolted a max of 8 times with 3/8″ max bolts.
10. All fenders and body lines may be creased both horizontal and vertical. Be creative.
However, side rear fenders must remain upright in factory location not beat down or inward.
11. Expanded metal Permitted at core support for radiator protection. NO Partial or full radiator protectors. Water only in Radiator.
12. No wedging
13. Speaker Deck may be removed or beat down. No re-welding of speaker deck in new locations.
14. Roof sign Mandatory for Identification
15. NO ADDITIONAL NINE WIRE CHAIN, CABLE OR BANDS OTHER THAN SPECIFIED IN RULES
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory location. Maximum 3 inch washers. Body bolts may only pass through material intended by factory specification.
1. Four point “floating cage” Dash bar, rear seat bar two side rails. In addition to side rails a center bar from rear bar to dash bar.
2. Dash bar must remain 4″ from firewall. Side bars cannot extend beyond 10″ of front door seam.
3. Cage may be gussetted at corners.
4. ON DRIVERS SIDE ONLY… A DOWN BAR IS PERMITTED BETWEEN DASH BAR AND REAR SEAT BAR FOR DRIVER PROTECTION. HOWEVER, THE BAR MUST BE PLACED 10″ OR FURTHER BEHIND BASH BAR and only welded to body
5. A gas tank protector is permitted. No Wider than 32″. Gas tank protector may butt up against package tray but cannot be welded or bolted to tray or floor.
6. Gas tank protector may have two diagonal rails to halo or rear seat bar BELOW WINDOW.
7. Halo bars recommended. Halo may be bolted to roof.
8. From halo bar a front bar may be use and can connect to the dash bar
9. Rear window bar. Limit of 2×2 1/4″ from halo to speaker deck. a 4×4″ plate is permitted at bottom of rear bar and may overlap and be welded to trunk lid. This plate must coincided with 5 on 5 off rule.
10. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED. If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only drivers. All cars will be on level playing field. Good luck
TJ MCCULLOUGH 301-707-6870. Please do not call or text after 9 pm eastern time.