ANY BODY SEAM WELDING( outside of what is clearly outline in rules) WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO FIX THIS AT THE DERBY.
ANY FRAME SEAM WELDING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS OUTLINED IN THESE RULES WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET YOU LOADED
ANY MORE THAN 4 FIX IT PLATES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ANY FRAME PLATING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS STATED IN RULES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
1. IMPERIALS ONLY, FULL FRAME AND SUB FRAMERS. ALL CHRYSLER UNIBODY VEHICLES MAY BE CONVERTED TO IMPERIAL BUT MUST USE THE IMPERIAL SUB FRAME.
2. PRE- RUN CARS WILL BE ALLOWED: However, pre run cars will not receive any additional wire, plates or banding. In addition, pre run cars must conform to new rule changes.
3. No plating of frame outside of DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE SEE BELOW. An ultrasound will be used to measure thickness of suspected areas. If found plated, that car will be automatically disqualified. This includes loading of frames.
4. No spray foam or other materials inside the frame.
DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE.
EACH CAR WILL BE ALLOWED 4, 4″ X 4″ X 3/8″ maximum PLATES ANYWHERE ON OUTSIDE OF FRAME. MUST BE PAINTED RED. NO internal frame GUSSETTING, ALLOWED TO ATTACH FRAME TO BODY.
1. Any motor and transmission Steel Bell, and Ultra Bells are permitted. Steel tailshafts are Permitted. Transmission cooler permitted in cockpit tightly secured.
2. A basic 1/2″ max lower cradle front plate and pulley protector permitted. NO DP, no midplate, no halo, no trans brace
3. Solid motor mounts permitted, mounts may be spaced 1/2″ max to gain clearance of center link.
4. Factory rubber transmission mount only. NO SOLID MOUNT. Transmission crossmember may be a max of 2″x 2″ 1/4″ tubing connected to the frame by 1/4″ 4″x 4” angle 6” long. You MAY NOT put the crossmember through the frame in any fashion.
5. Slider driveshaft permitted
6. Any 5 or 8 lug rear
Nothing with bracing may attach to the package tray or body. Axel savers and pinion brake permitted. All Rear end bracing must remain between the frame rails. This is between the innermost part of frame rail hump to opposite innermost part of frame rail. No frame bump stops permitted.
Wheels and Tires
1. Any tire may be doubled.
2. Full wheel centers permitted, valve stem protectors allowed may not extend out past wheel further than 1″. Beadlocks are permitted.
3. Wheels may be spaced 1/2″ with additional center.
1. Both front and back bumpers may be any OEM bumper LOADED. All bumper loading must be performed inside the bumper with the exception of the backing may be exposed for flush mounting purposes.
2. No sharp edges, End caps permitted.
3. May be seam welded
4. HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS. MUST NOT EXCEED 8″X 8″. IF IT HAS A POINT THE POINT MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4″ FROM FLAT FRONT OF BUMPER. POINT MUST TAPER OVER32″. New for 2022, flat back to front point may be a max of 12” 8 inch thick bumper 4” point. If you make your bumper less than 8×8 this does not mean to can have a deeper point. AT NO POINT, CANT THE POINT BE GREATER THAN 4” PERIOD> Homemade Points that step out then taper over 32” will not be allowed. BUMPERS MAY NOT BE SLEEVED AROUND FRAME RAIL. BUMPERS MAY NOT BE BUILT BACKWARS AROUND RAIL. BUMPERS MUST START AT FLUSH MOUNTING POINT AND BE BUILT FORWARD. NO CHRYSLER POINTIES OR CHRYSLER POINTY REPLICAS. NEW to 2022… MAX point to flat back distance is 12” meaning that the backing does not have to follow the tapering of the point, however no bumper no matter the width can have a larger than 4” point that will always be measured from the flat front of the bumper.
5. Bumper mounting OPTION 1: you may use a 4″ x 12″ x 3/8″ thick plate on outside of frame. NO SLEEVING BUMPERS AROUND FRAME RAIL
This bumper mounting plate must attach to back of bumper and may extend 12” back the frame. The plate measurement will be taken with straight edge 12” not a contoured 12”. Bumper mounting plate may be positioned on one of the four outside portions of frame. Left right top or bottom.
Option 2: Utilizing and factory bumper shock and brackets. If doing so you lose the 4” x 12” x 3/8” thick plate. Therefore, the shock may be collapsed and welded solid, shock may be welded to bracket, and the bracket may be welded to the frame 12’ on top seam, 12” on bottom seam and plug welded. The shocks and brackets may only be placed on frame on the portion of frame facing wheel. The outside side portion of rails.
6. Bumpers may not be lower than 14″s or higher than 22″. Measurement taken from bottom of bumper.
7. Rear bumper mounting: May be mounted directly to the rear frame rail with a 6×6 inch plate or you may utilize front mounting rules on the rear bumper.
1. Cars do not have to bounce
2. Rear suspension may be 1″ all thread.
3. Coils may be welded to the rear and banded to the body in one spot.
5. Leaf Sprung Wagons and Sedans: No aftermarket leaf packs, no flat stacking or flip flopping leafs. No springs on top of main spring. 9 leafs maximum, 5/16″ maximum thickness, 2″ stair step AND STAGGER, 4 clamps per LEAF PACK. Clamps maximum of 3/8”” thickness 2″ max width and bolted with 3/8″ bolts.
6. Front suspension may be solid. Upper A arm may be contoured to frame and may be welded either with a single pass 4″ bead 1 per side or use a 4″ x 4″ max A ARM to frame on each side. (2 per A arm)
7. A Arms may be swapped OEM to OEM. Ball joints MAY BE AFTERMARKET SCREW INS OR OEM SWAPPED AND may be welded in. Spindles OEM to OEM, NO aftermarket spindles
8. Front shock can be 1″ all thread. Must be in the factory location.
9. Sway bar may be bolted to the lower arm. CANNOT BE WELDED ANYWHERE
10. Humps may be chained around rear one spot per side, may weld one link to frame for attachment or wrap chain around frame and bolt it together, May not do both.
1. Steering boxes must be mounted at factory location, however you may utilize an aftermarket adapter plate if you prefer to change steering box OEM to OEM between manufactures.
2. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. NO AFTERMARKET. No heim joints must have factory style set up with ball joints.
3. Aftermarket steering columns permitted.
4. Center link must remain factory
5. No hydraulic steering
1. NO SEAM WELDING, INCLUDING WHERE FACTORY MISSED.
2. ALL CARS MAY BE TILTED IN ONE SPOT PER SIDE. NO EXCESSIVE WELDS SINGLE PASS ½” BEAD DO NOT PUSH THISN
3. NO PLATING, NO STUFFING OR PINNING an ultrasound will be utilized to measure frame thickness
5. Rear frame may be dimpled or cut for rolling. Sub frame imperials, your unibody is considered your rear frame.
No shortening of rear body or frame in any fashion
6. You may shorten the front frame section to the front of the core support pedestal or radiator mounting support hole. THIS IS TO THE FURTHERMOST FORWARD EDGE OF THE FURTHERMOST FORWARD HOLE. Rear frames may not be shortened
8. Full frame imperials may have a 11”x 6” x 3/8” hump plate. IT MUST BE CENTERED OVER THE HUMP. Sub frame imperials may have a 22”x 6’” x 3/8’ hump plate which can be moved forward or backward but must cover the center of the hump.
9. No painting or undercoating on frames. No putty.
10. All body mounts may be changed to 5/8″ BOLTS
11. factory space must be maintained
12. Core support may have a MAX space of 6”. Core support spacers only, may be welded to frame and bottom of core support only
13. Rust repair is limited, ALL MUST BE PRE-APPROVED.
1. The Driver’s door may be welded solid and you may have full door skin 1/4″ max overlapping no more than 2 inches of seam. No protruding metal or rails outside the driver’s door.
2. All other door seams may be welded in a 5″ on 5″ off fashion. Outside seem only
3. Trunk 5″ on 5″ off
4. Trunk may be dished or canoed. A 12″ space must remain from trunk floor to trunk lid.
Measurement will be taken from lowest point of lid and highest point of trunk if beat up.
5. Mandatory: 2 10″ holes one per side of trunk lid. Holes may be bolted with 3/8″ bolts in 10 spots.
6. Trunk may be tucked
7. Hood: May be secured in 6 Spots. Can be chained or bolted. If bolted you may only do so in the following fashion: Angle 2″ x 2″x 6” long maximum of 1/2″ bolts. 2 bolts per angle max.
NO NINE WIRING HOODS.
FRONT CORE SUPPORT MAY BE USED AS 2 SPOTS UP TO 1″ ALL THREAD. ALL THREAD MAY RUN THROUGH FRAME RAIL if that was the factory oem position of body mount.
8. A minimum of 2 12″ holes must be cut. Holes may be bolted with a maximum of 3/8″ bolts and a max total of 16.
9. Fenders may be cut and rolled for clearance and welded back together or bolted IN a max of 8 times with 3/8″ max bolts.
10. All fenders and body lines may be creased both horizontal and vertical. Be creative.
However, side rear fenders must remain upright in factory location, not beat down
11. Expanded metal Permitted at core support for radiator protection. NO Partial or full radiator protectors. Water only in the Radiator.
12. No wedging
13. Speaker Deck may be removed or beat down. No re-welding of the speaker deck in new locations.
14. Roof sign Mandatory for Identification
15. no additional nine wire, banding, chain or cord allowed other than specified.
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel. FRONT FENDERS MAY BE WRAPPED AND WELDED TO THE CORE SUPPORT
Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. 3 inch maximum washers. Body bolts may only pass through top side of frame.
1. Four point “floating cage” Dash bar, rear seat bar two side rails. In addition to side rails a center bar from rear bar to dash bar. CAGE MUST REMAIN 5″ ABOVE FLOOR EXCEPT FOR GAS TANK PROTECTOR.
2. Dash bar must remain 5” from firewall, side bars may not extend past the firewall, no cage components may be past the dash bar with the exception of the side bars. All cage components must remain 5” off of the floor with the only exception being down bars and tank protector
Side bars may not extend past the rear kick panel.
3. Cage may be gusseted at corners.
4. Each car may have two vertical down bars they must be between the front door seams and may only attach to the side bars AND TO BODY FLOOR. They must follow all other cage rules
5. A gas tank protector is permitted. No Wider than 32″. Gas tank protectors may be tight to the floor and have two ½” bolts through the packing tray. Tank protector must be centered in the car.
Cars without a packing tray may have a single piece of 2”x2” tubing going straight back to the front of the hump on each side. Floor sheet metal must remain in between the 2”x 2” and the frame no welding or bolting of these pieces. THIS SINGLE BAR CANNOT BE GUSSETTED IN ANY FASHION
6. Gas tank protectors may have two diagonal rails to halo or rear seat bar BELOW roof.
7. Halo bars recommended. Halo may be bolted to the roof IN 2 SPOTS
8. From halo bar a front bar may be use and can connect to the dash bar and welded. Front bar may be bolted to roof in two spot. Max size of front bar is 2”x2”
9. Rear window bar. Limit of 2”× 2” 1/4″ from halo to speaker deck with a 5”x5″ plate on both ends bottom plate must coincide with the 5 on 5 off rule.
10. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
No water boxes, OEM or Aluminum Rads permitted
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say directly you can do it, It is NOT
ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS. ABSOLUTELY NO OEM OR OEM REPLACEMENT TANKS. MUST BE AN AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED TANK.