ALL RUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS: A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
1. IMPERIALS ONLY, FULL FRAME AND SUB FRAMERS. ALL CHRYSLER UNIBODY VEHICLES MAY BE CONVERTED TO IMPERIAL BUT MUST USE THE IMPERIAL SUB FRAME.
2. PRE- RUN CARS WILL BE ALLOWED: However, pre run cars will not receive any additional wire, plates or banding. In addition, pre run cars must conform to new rule changes.
3. No plating of frame outside of DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE SEE BELOW. An ultrasound will be used to measure thickness of suspected areas. If found plated, that car will be automatically disqualified. This includes loading of frames.
4. No spray foam or other materials inside the frame.
DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE.
EACH CAR WILL BE ALLOWED 4, 4″ X 4″ X 1/4″ maximum PLATES ANYWHERE ON OUTSIDE OF FRAME. MUST BE PAINTED RED. NO internal frame GUSSETTING, ALLOWED TO ATTACH FRAME TO BODY.
1. Any motor and transmission Steel Bell, and Ultra Bells are permitted. Steel tailshafts are Permitted. Transmission cooler permitted in cockpit tightly secured.
2. A basic 1/2″ max lower cradle front plate and pulley protector permitted. NO DP, no midplate, no halo, no trans brace
3. Solid motor mounts permitted, mounts may be spaced 1/2″ max to gain clearance of center link.
4. Factory rubber transmission mount only. NO SOLID MOUNT. Transmission crossmember may be a max of 2″x 2″ 1/4″ tubing connected to the frame by 1/4″ 4″x 4” angle 6” long. You MAY NOT put the crossmember through the frame in any fashion.
5. Slider driveshaft permitted
6. Any 5 or 8 lug rear
Nothing with bracing may attach to the package tray or body. Axel savers and pinion brake permitted. All Rear end bracing must remain between the frame rails. This is between the innermost part of frame rail hum to opposite innermost part of frame rail. No frame bump stops permitted.
Wheels and Tires
1. Any tire may be doubled.
2. Full wheel centers permitted, valve stem protectors allowed may not extend out past wheel further than 1″.No lip protectors, no beadlocks.
3. Wheels may be spaced 1/2″ with additional center.
4. No external rubber or other material on the outside to protect the tire.
1. Both front and back bumpers may be any OEM bumper LOADED. All bumper loading must be performed inside the bumper with the exception of the backing may be exposed for flush mounting purposes.
2. No sharp edges, End caps permitted.
3. May be seam welded
4. HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS. MUST NOT EXCEED 8″X 8″. IF IT HAS A POINT THE POINT MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4″ FROM FLAT FRONT OF BUMPER. POINT MUST TAPER OVER32″. Homemade Points that step out then taper over 32” will not be allowed. BUMPERS MAY NOT BE SLEEVED AROUND FRAME RAIL. BUMPERS MAY NOT BE BUILT BACKWARS AROUND RAIL. BUMPERS MUST START AT FLUSH MOUNTING POINT AND BE BUILT FORWARD.
5. Bumper mounting OPTION 1: you may use a 4″ x 12″ x 3/8″ thick plate on outside of frame. NO SLEEVING BUMPERS AROUND FRAME RAIL
This bumper mounting plate must attach to back of bumper and may extend 12” back the frame. The plate measurement will be taken with straight edge 12” not a contoured 12”. Bumper mounting plate may be positioned on one of the four outside portions of frame. Left right top or bottom.
Option 2: Utilizing and factory bumper shock and brackets. If doing so you lose the 4” x 12” x 3/8” thick plate. Therefore, the shock may be collapsed and welded solid, shock may be welded to bracket, and the bracket may be welded to the frame 12’ on top seam, 12” on bottom seam and plug welded. The shocks and brackets may only be placed on frame on the portion of frame facing wheel. The outside side portion of rails.
6. Bumpers may not be lower than 14″s or higher than 22″. Measurement taken from bottom of bumper.
7. Rear bumper mounting: May be mounted directly to the rear frame rail with a 6×6 inch plate or you may utilize front mounting rules
on the rear bumper.
1. Cars do not have to bounce
2. Rear suspension may be 1″ all thread.
3. Coils may be welded to the rear and banded to the body in one spot.
4. NO LEAF SPRING CONVERSIONS
5. Leaf Sprung Wagons and Sedans: No aftermarket leaf packs, no flat stacking or flip flopping leafs. No springs on top of main spring. 9 leafs maximum, 5/16″ maximum thickness, 2″ stair step AND STAGGER, 4 clamps per LEAF PACK. Clamps maximum of 1/4” thickness 2″ max width and bolted with 3/8″ bolts.
6. Front suspension may be solid. Upper A arm may be contoured to frame and may be welded either with a single pass 4″ bead 1 per side or use a 4″ x 4″ max A ARM to frame on each side. (2 per A arm)
7. A Arms may be swapped OEM to OEM. Ball joints MAY BE AFTERMARKET SCREW INS OR OEM SWAPPED AND may be welded in. Spindles OEM to OEM, NO aftermarket spindles
8. Front shock can be 1″ all thread. Must be in the factory location.
9. Sway bar may be bolted to the lower arm. CANNOT BE WELDED ANYWHERE
10. Humps may be chained around rear one spot per side, may weld one link to frame for attachment or wrap chain around frame and bolt it together, May not do both.
1. Steering boxes must be mounted at factory location,however you may utilize an aftermarket adapter plate if you prefer to change steering box OEM to OEM between manufactures.
2. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. NO AFTERMARKET. No heim joints must have factory style set up with ball joints.
3. Aftermarket steering columns permitted.
4. Center link must remain factory
5. No hydraulic steering
1. NO SEAM WELDING, INCLUDING WHERE FACTORY MISSED.
2. ALL CARS MAY BE TILTED IN ONE SPOT PER SIDE. NO EXCESSIVE WELDS SINGLE PASS ½” BEAD DO NOT PUSH THIS
3. NO PLATING, NO STUFFING OR PINNING an ultrasound will be utilized to measure frame thickness
4. Welding on frame should be limited to, Dig your own grave rule, hardnosing or BUMPER brackets, A Arm securing and , hump plates and spot where car is tilted
5. Rear frame may be dimpled or cut for rolling
6. You may shorten the front frame section to the front of the core support pedestal or radiator mounting support hole. THIS IS TO THE FURTHERMOST FORWARD EDGE OF THE FURTHERMOST FORWARD HOLE. Rear frames may not be shortened
8.Leaf spring cars may have an 11” hump plate it MUST be centered in the hump
9. No painting or undercoating on frames. No putty.
10. All body mounts may be changed to 5/8″ BOLTS
11. factory space must be maintained
12. Core support may have a MAX space of 6”. Core support spacers only, may be welded to frame and bottom of core support only
13. Rust repair is limited, ALL MUST BE PRE-APPROVED.
1. The Driver’s door may be welded solid and you may have full door skin 1/4″ max overlapping no more than 2 inches of seam. No protruding metal or rails outside the driver’s door.
2. All other door seams may be welded in a 5″ on 5″ off fashion. Outside seem only
3. Trunk 5″ on 5″ off
4. trunk may be dished or canoed. A 12″ space must remain from trunk floor to trunk lid.
Measurement will be taken from lowest point of lid and highest point of trunk if beat up.
5. Mandatory: 2 10″ holes one per side of trunk lid for inspection. Holes may be bolted with 3/8″ bolts in 10 spots.
6. Trunk may be tucked
7. Hood: May be secured in 6 Spots. Can be chained or bolted. If bolted you may only do so in the following fashion: Angle 2″ x 2″x 6” long maximum of 1/2″ bolts. 2 bolts per angle max.
NO NINE WIRING HOODS.
FRONT CORE SUPPORT MAY BE USED AS 2 SPOTS UP TO 1″ ALL THREAD. ALL THREAD MAY RUN THROUGH FRAME RAIL if that was the factory oem position of body mount.
8. A minimum of 2 12″ holes must be cut. Holes may be bolted with a maximum of 3/8″ bolts and a max total of 16.
9. Fenders may be cut and rolled for clearance and welded back together or bolted IN a max of 8 times with 3/8″ max bolts.
10. All fenders and body lines may be creased both horizontal and vertical. Be creative.
However, side rear fenders must remain upright in factory location, not beat down
11. Expanded metal Permitted at core support for radiator protection. NO Partial or full radiator protectors. Water only in the Radiator.
12. No wedging
13. Speaker Deck may be removed or beat down. No re-welding of the speaker deck in new locations.
14. Roof sign Mandatory for Identification
15. no additional nine wire, banding, chain or cord allowed other than specified.
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. 3 inchmaximum washers. Body bolts may only pass through top side of frame.
1. Four point “floating cage” Dash bar, rear seat bar two side rails. In addition to side rails a center bar from rear bar to dash bar. CAGE MUST REMAIN 5″ ABOVE FLOOR EXCEPT FOR GAS TANK PROTECTOR.
2. Dash bar must remain 5” from firewall, side bars may not extend past the firewall, no cage components may be past the dash bar with the exception of the side bars. All cage components must remain 5” off of the floor with the only exception being down bars and tank protector
3. Cage may be gusseted at corners.
4. Each car may have two vertical down bars they must be between the front door seams and may only attach to the side bars AND TO BODY FLOOR. They must follow all other cage rules
5. A gas tank protector is permitted. No Wider than 32″. Gas tank protectors may be tight to the floor and have two ½” bolts through the packing tray. Tank protector must be centered in the car.
Cars without a packing tray may have a single piece of 2”x2” tubing going straight back to the front of the hump on each side. Floor sheet metal must remain in between the 2”x2” and the frame no welding or bolting of these pieces. THIS SINGLE BAR CANNOT BE GUSSETTED IN ANY FASHION
6. Gas tank protectors may have two diagonal rails to halo or rear seat bar BELOW WINDOW. BELOW WINDOW MEANING YOU CANNOT SEE IT FROM STANDING OUTSIDE THE CAR
7. Halo bars recommended. Halo may be bolted to the roof IN 2 SPOTS
8. From halo bar a front bar may be use and can connect to the dash bar and welded. Front bar may be bolted to roof in two spots
9. Rear window bar. Limit of 2×2 1/4″ from halo to speaker deck with a 5”x5″ plate on both ends bottom plate must coincide with the 5 on 5 off rule.
10. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
No water boxes, OEM or Aluminum Rads permitted
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say directly you can do it, It is NOT
ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS. ABSOLUTELY NO OEM OR OEM REPLACEMENT TANKS. MUST BE AN AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED TANK.
If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only
drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!
RULES QUESTIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS CALL TJ MCCULLOUGH 301-707-6870. Please do not call or text after 9 pm eastern time