Joker 3 man team Compacts
All cars fresh or pre ran may have 6 total 4”x 4” x ¼” max fix it plates. These plates may be utilized anywhere on frame or unibody. Plates cannot touch directly and must be 1 full inch apart. However you may use 1/2” bead of weld all the way around. There will be zero leniency on this. STOP PLAYING GAMES.
These plates can be bent or formed to frame. You provide your own plates! These six plates are your plates for the entirety of the 3 man team compact event. You may choose to start with 6 or zero, this is your choice. No car can exceed 6 plates at any time and once a plate is welded on it cannot be removed and placed somewhere else.
One RWD per Team MAX
All cars must be painted identical and must have 2 distinct separate colors.
Heats will be 1 team vs 1 team. Winners advance to Feature. A car becomes eligible for qualification to feature if and only if the car under its own power makes it into the arena for the heat. However, if you are attempting to qualify for the feature from the consolation you do not have to send all of your cars in to qualify, that is your choice. Drivers may switch from car to car within your own team but cannot utilize another care from another team.
This is a team derby, At Deadman for the Team show only, in heats and features, all forms of holding and pin to win are permitted.
Following the heats each car will be permitted 8 total spots for #9 wire. Each spot may have 2 loops of double braided nine wire. Nine wire cannot be inside of the frame in any fashion. No crossing or intertwining of nine wire spots.
- Wheelbase for FWD MAX of 110.5″
- Wheelbase for RWD 109″
- THIS IS A BASIC BUILD WITH FEW MODIFICATIONS. ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF RULES STATED BELOW WILL RESULT IN CUTTING OR POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
- Any 4 cyl or 6 Cyl. NO PROTECTORS
- Engine swaps permitted, no V8s
- MOTOR MOUNTS CAN BE WELDED SOLID BUT CANNOT BE EXTENDED OR RELOCATED. Jeffy’s Fab Farm aftermarket mount of equivalent style mount (must be approved) is permitted
- Transmission mounts must have factory mount. NO SOLID MOUNTING. A single piece of 3/8” chain can be added. 1 link welded on each side meaning 1 link welded to transmission bracket and one to k member. 1 link per side!
- No bracing of transmission.
- RWD CARS ONLY. A 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square tubing can be utilized as transmission crossmember must be straight across, no curving, no belly bars.
- Tranny coolers are permitted but cannot be mounted in any fashion that strengthens car.
- Any factory OEM bumpers permitted, BUMPERS MAY BE LOADED front and back
- NO HOMEMADE BUMPERS. SMW ALLOWED
- All bumper loading must be done inside the bumper and appear stock.
- No sharp edges
- ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL INSIDE OF FRAMES. SCOPING WILL BE PERFORMED. OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DRILL AND ULTRASOUND ANY SUSPECTED AREA.
- Mounting of bumper: You may hardnose. YOU ARE PERMITTED TO CUT THE CRUSH BOX OFF BUT CANNOT MOVE THE CORE SUPPORT.
BUMPER MOUNTING OPTIONS, CHOOSE ONE
OPTION A: ON THE OUTSIDE PORTION OF FRAME RAIL facing the wheel, WELD A 2″2″ 1/4″ max X 10″ LONG PIECE OF SQUARE TUBING AS BUMPER SHOCK.
OPTION B: mount bumper with 4″, 1/4″ x 10″ long strap on outside of frame closest to wheel. May weld top, bottom, and back. Choose one or the other. WE DO NOT WANT BUMPERS FALLING OFF. 1 PER RAIL FRAME
You may cap the end of the frame rail at its furthermost forward point with x 6”x6” x1/4” plate. Cannot be welding on the side top left bottom or right of frame. Must be welded to flat front of frame
Bumpers must mount flat on front of frame. You cannot sleeve bumper around frame. Back of bumper must be welded to front of frame, NO EXCEPTIONS
DO not shorten front frame past farthest part outwards of core support you cannot fix this call if you have any questions, You may trim off crush boxes up till this point , You may remove core support if you do choose to do so , we will measure we highly advise not to shorten past what is said above CALL!!!!!
Rear bumper shocks apply same as the front, you may put a tilt on your rear bumper however do not raise bumper higher than its factory mounted position for example placing bumper 3″ higher than it would sit factory on the car. This is to help your car roll nothing more nothing less
- In two places, you may use a double strand (braided) nine wire that may go through hood and core support and around bumper to keep bumper from falling off. These two separate strands may not be cross crossed.
- Frames are to remain stock OTHER THAN STATED. K member and unibody are considered frame in this class and are not to be altered or welded in any fashion. Welding on frame is limited to mounting of bumper.
- NO PLATING, PINNING CREASING, PINCHING
- YOU MAVE HAVE ONE 3” WELD FROM K MEMBER TO BODY ON EACH SIDE. Outer wheel side only, with a single pass of weld half inch bead to front of k member mount. If you have a gap between K member and unibody you may use a 3” x 3” max by ¼’ thick plate as a filler but must not overlap onto unibody or K member. Must be butt welded between k member and unibody. Single pass ½” bead of weld. Do not bend of shape the plate. Flat plate only. If manipulated in any fashion you will lose the plate. Call for clarification first.
- Drivers door may be welded solid.
- All other doors can be welded 5″ on 5″ off as well as the trunk. 5”x 5” flat plate ¼” max thickness. You may weld trunk lid to floor on backside 5 on 5 off if you desire to do so
- Trunk may be Tucked, NO WEDGING but can be canoed. A 12″ space must remain from lowest point of canoe to highest point of trunk floor. (NEW) All quarters must remain upright, may not be smashed down. Pushing them down will be considered a wedge. If you have questions call.
- All fenders may be creased both vertical and horizontal
- the hood must have a minimum 12″ x 12″ holes and trunk must have a 12″ x 12″ hole for inspection. You are permitted to re bolt metal in 10 total spots around each inspection hole 3/8″ bolts max.
- Speaker deck may be removed or beat down
- Hood may be fastened in 6 spots by chain or bolting. If bolting you may only do so utilizing 2″x2″ angle max of 6” long 1/2″ bolts max. You may cut excess hood or roll it down over c support do not move hood from factory location to gain extra folding
- All body mounts must remain in stock location and in stock form. Leave factory rubber bushings in place or you may use 1 standard size hockey puck if your bushing is rotted or missing
- All thread may be used only in the front two K member mounts (1 per side of car) and may go through the core support and hood but will count as two of your hood tie downs. 5/8” all thread max. Total of 8 and 8 standard store-bought washers per side Max size of washes 3”. Must be vertical. No sleeving all thread. No welding all thread. Rubber bushing mount rule still applies.
WHEELS AND TIRES
- Front tires- ANY TIRE including skid steer and V treds ARE PERMITTED
- Rear tires- Any tire may be used including SOLID REAR TIRES, MAY USE RIMS ONLY
- Weld in centers permitted. NO BEADLOCKS OR LIP PROTECTORS. Valve stem protectors permitted.
- Front suspension only can be solid. Rear suspension must be factory other than NOW ALLOWING REAR TRAILING ARMS TO BE 2”X2” X ¼ INCH
Front to back control arms only, you may use 1 single pc of chain or nine wire to go wheel to wheel do not connect this to the frame rails this is to help keep your rear wheels on nothing more abuse it you lose it
Front suspension you must use a factory strut to start with, RWD must use factory spindle and A arm make and model specific
Front is to sit no higher than 21″ to bottom of front bumper and no lower than 11″ to bottom of rear frame rails factory spindle and a.arm
- No leaf spring conversions
- RWD LEAF CARS: No aftermarket leaf packs. Clamps are limited to 4 per pack 2″ wide 1/8″ thick MAXIMUM.
- Ball joints must remain stock
- Aftermarket steering columns are permitted.
- All steering components are to remain stock. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. 2X2 by 2″ long block may be added to strut to act as a strut protector do not connect this to unibody abuse it you lose it
- A four point cage is recommended but not mandatory. HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING IS MANDATORY: REAR SEAT BAR AND FRONT WINDOW BAR. WINDOW BAR MUST RUN FROM ROOF TO COWL OR ROOF TO DASH BAR. CAN BE ANGLE IRON OR 2X2″ TUBING Front bar must be 5′ away from firewall and all other cage parts must be 6″ off the floor at any given point
- A REAR WINDOW BAR AND HALO ARE PERMITTED. Bar may come from halo to speaker deck and can overlap onto truck lid 2″ to a 5″x5″ plate. Plate must coincide with 5″ on 5″ off pattern on trunk. must be 5″ or greater away from gas tank protector , You may bolt it to the roof in 2 spots or (2) 1″ welds in 2 spots
Wagons rear window bar cannot be further back than read axle 5”x5”x1/4” plate welded to floor to mount it. Must be 5” away from tank protector and can be a max of 2”x2” tubing
Gas tank protectors are recommended but not mandatory. If using a gas tank protector it can butt against package tray but cannot be welded or bolted to tray. Max of 28″ wide 4″ x 4″ tubing. On a sedan the tank protector must stop at the front of the speaker deck, on wagons the tank protector may not go past the front most part of the rear strut towers 2″ above factory speaker deck height max tallness for tank protectors
- Max width of cage bars can be 4″ x 4″ or 2″ x 6″. Side bars cannot extend past front door seem greater than 10″. Center bar for shifter permitted.
- ABSOLUTELY NO STOCK FUEL TANKS. MUST BE A PRESSURE TESTED AFTERMARKET FUEL CELL
For rules questions and verification, contact RYAN RUHE 937-408-7269