1. Wheelbase for FWD MAX of 110.5″
2. Wheelbase for RWD 109″
3. THIS IS A BASIC BUILD WITH FEW MODIFICATIONS. ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF RULES STATED BELOW WILL RESULT IN CUTTING OR POSSIBLE DISQUALIFICATION. ENGINE AND TRANNY
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
1. Any 4 cyl engine. NO 6 Cyl. NO PROTECTORS
2. Engine must be specific to make and model.
3. MOTOR MOUNTS CAN BE WELDED SOLID.
4. Transmission mounts must have factory mount. NO SOLID MOUNTING.
5. No bracing of transmission.
6. A 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square tubing can be utilized as transmission crossmember.
7. Tranny coolers permitted
1. Any factory OEM bumpers permitted, BUMPERS MAY BE LOADED front and back
2. NO HOMEMADE BUMPERS. SMW ALLOWED
3. All bumper loading must be done inside the bumper and appear stock.
4. No sharp edges
5. ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL INSIDE OF FRAMES. SCOPING WILL BE PERFORMED. OFFICIALS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DRILL AND ULTRASOUND ANY SUSPECTED AREA.
6. Mounting of bumper: You may hardnose. YOU MAY ALSO ON THE OUTSIDE PORTION OF FRAME RAILS WELD A 2″2″ 1/4″ max X 10″ LONG PIECE OF SQUARE TUBING AS BUMPER SHOCK. You may also mount bumper with 3″, 1/4″ x 10″ long strap on outside of frame closest to wheel. May weld top, bottom, and back. Choose one or the other. WE DO NOT WANT BUMPERS FALLING OFF. 1 PER RAIL FRAME
1. Frames are to remain stock. K member and unibody are considered frame in this class and are not to be altered or welded in any fashion. Welding on frame is limited to mounting of bumper.
2. NO PLATING, PINNING CREASING, PINCHING, SHORTENING OR TILTING OF FRAMES
1. Drivers door may be welded solid.
2. All other doors can be welded 5″ on 5″ off as well as the trunk
3. Trunk may be Tucked, NO WEDGING but can be canoed. A 12″ space must remain from lowest point of canoe to highest point of trunk floor.
4. All fenders may be creased both vertical and horizontal
5. the hood must have a minimum 12″ x 12″ holes and trunk must have a 12″ x 12″ hole for inspection. You are permitted to re bolt metal in 10 total spots around each inspection hole 3/8″ bolts max.
6. Speaker deck may be removed or beat down
7. Hood may be fastened in 6 spots by chain or bolting. If bolting you may only do so utilizing 2″x2″ angle 1/2″ bolts max. NO ALL THREAD, CANNOT USE CORE SUPPORT TO BOLT HOOD.
8. All body mounts must remain in stock location and in stock form.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Front tires- ANY TIRE including skid steer and V treds ARE PERMITTED
2. Rear tires- Any tire may be used including SOLID REAR TIRES
3. Weld in centers permitted. NO BEADLOCKS OR LIP PROTECTORS. Valve stem protectors permitted.
1. Front suspension only can be solid. Rear suspension must be factory.
2. No leaf spring conversions
3. RWD LEAF CARS: No aftermarket leaf packs. Clamps are limited to 4 per pack 2″ wide 1/8″ thick MAXIMUM.
4. Ball joints must remain stock
1. Aftermarket steering columns are permitted.
2. All steering components are to remain stock. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED.
1. A four point cage is recommended but not mandatory. HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING IS MANDATORY: REAR SEAT BAR AND FRONT WINDOW BAR. WINDOW BAR MUST RUN FROM ROOF TO COWL OR ROOF TO DASH BAR. CAN BE ANGLE IRON OR 2X2″ TUBING
2. A REAR WINDOW BAR AND HALO ARE PERMITTED. Bar may come from halo to speaker deck and can overlap onto truck lid 2″ to a 5″x5″ plate. Plate must coincide with 5″ on 5″ off pattern on trunk.
3. Gas tank protectors are recommended but not mandatory. If using a gas tank protector it can butt against package tray but cannot be welded or bolted to tray. Max of 28″ wide 2″ x 2″ tubing.
4. Max width of cage bars can be 4″ x 4″ or 2″ x 6″. Side bars cannot extend past front door seem greater than 10″. Center bar for shifter permitted.
1. This is a TEAM DERBY. HOLDING IS LEGAL. You have two friends out there to get you free. ITS THE NATURE OF THE BEAST.
2. Teams will be brought onto track together but have no obligation to park together.
3. PIN TO WIN IS ALLOWED.
4. ALL CARS ON EACH TEAM ARE TO BE PAINTED THE SAME AND MUST BE TWO DISTINCT COLORS. PERSONAL ROOF SIGNS PERMITTED. EXAMPLE: HALF BLACK HALF YELLOW, FRONT OF CAR BLUE, DOORS BACK WHITE ARE ALL ACCEPTABLE.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS CLASS CONTACT TJ MCCULLOUGH AT 301-707-6870 BEFORE 9PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.