VANS, SUV, MINI TRUCK
THIS CLASS IS TO REMAIN STOCK UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN RULES
1. Must be 2WD, if 4WD must remove either front or rear driveshaft, your choice.
2. 4cyl and 6 cyl engines only
3. Compact trucks can only be 2 door or extended cab. No 4 door trucks.
4. No suburbans
Any small truck under half ton, 2 wheel drive or 4 wd with driveshaft removed.
Any small mid size SUV using only 2WD must be 4 or 6 cyl. No open jeeps of full size SUV such as Tahoes, yukons, suburbans, expeditions etc.
Any 4 or 6 cyl van. No full size vans, stub nose vans of cube vans, Engine tranny
1. Any make or model provided same cylinder size is used.
2. Motor mounts may be welded.
3. NO PROTECTORS
4. No tranny braces. Factory rubber mount for transmission crossmember.
5. IF CHOOSING TO MOVE COLLING SYSYTEM INTO COCKPIT IT MUST BE TIGHTLY SECURED AND MUST BE COVERED NO EXECPTIONS.
1. All door seams can be welded 5″ on 5″ off including tailgate.
2. Drivers door can be welded solid.
3. Truck cabs must be welded with 3″ strapping to truck bed.
4. NO BODY CREASING.
5. Hood can be secured in 6 spots by either chain or bolted using 2″x2″ angle iron. MAX 1/2″ bolts
6. No all thread, may not use core support as spot to secure hood. 12″ x 12″ minimum holes in hood for inspection.
7. Body mounts must remain stock
1. No welding on frame, exception bumper mounting. NO PLATING, PINNING, FORMING or frame or unibody.
2. Frame must remain stock.
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
1. All suspension parts must remain stock. Suspension must travel. NO SOLID SUSPENSION
2. No leaf spring conversions and no homemade or aftermarket leaf packs.
3. Tie rods may be reinforced.
4. AFTERMARKET STEERING COLUMNS PERMITTED
TIRES AND WHEELS
1. Weld in centers permitted. Valve stem protectors permitted.
2. Any tire NO SOLID WHEELS, NO BEADLOCKS , NO LIP PROTECTORS
1. Rearends must remain stock for that vehicle. Can be welded. No bracing.
2. NO SLIDER DRIVESHAFTS.
ALL hitches must be removed.
1. Any OEM front of rear bumper. MAY be seam welded, NO LOADING. 2″ diameter inspection hold on end caps. SMW mighty mini and light bumpers BUMPERS PERMITTED, no heavy’s. YOU MAY ALSO CHOOSE TO RUN A BASIC 4”X4” ¼” MX SQUARE STOCK AS BUMPER NO POINT PERMITTED
Front and rear bumper height, minimum 16”, maximum 22”, measured to bottom of bumper.
2. BUMPERS MAY BE HARDNOSED, NO SHOCKS INSIDE FRAME. YOU MAY USE 2″X2″ SQUARE TUBING 10″ LONG ON OUTSIDE OF FRAME FOR MOUNTING BUMPER. OPTION 2 FOR MOUNTING WOULD BE X 4” X 10“ LONG STRAP OF FLAT STOCK. WE DON’T WANT BUMPERS TO COME OFF. FROM HOOD TO BUMPER IN 2 SPOTS A BRAIDED PICE OF NINE WIRE MAY GO AROUND BUMPER THROUGH HOOD AND CORE SUPPORT. MAY NOT BE CRISS CROSSED.
Rear- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around rear bumper and then through the trunk lid. Where it goes through the trunk lid can be no father forward than half the of trunk lid. No criss crossing strands
1. 4 point cage recommended but not mandatory.
2. Side bars cannot extend greater than 10″ past front door seam.
3. MAX of 4″x 4″ or 2″ x 6″.
4. Gas tank protector permitted, No greater than 28″ wide and no greater than 3″x3″ square tubing. MINI TRUCKS MUST MOUNT GAS TANK IN BED OF TRUCK AGAINST CAB AND TIGHTLY SECURED.
5. FRONT WINDOW BAR RECOMMENDED. HALO PERMITTED NO ADDITIONAL BANDING, WIRING, CORD, CHAINING UNLESS SPECIFIED.
ABSOLUTELY NO STOCK OR OEM REPLACEMENT FUEL TANKS. MUST BE A PRESSURE TEST AFTERMARKET TANK.