Full Size Pro Stock
ANY EXTRA WELDING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS STATED IN THE RULES PERTAINING TO THE BODY OR THE FRAME MAY RESULT IN AUTOMATIC LOAD.
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED AND MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
ALL CARS FRESH OR PRE RUN GET 6 TOTAL 4”X4” X3/8” FIX IT PLATES ANYWHERE ON THE FRAME. PLATES MUST BE ON ONE OF THE FOUR OUTSIDES OF THE FRAME, NOTHING INTERNAL. THESE FIX IT PLATES MUST BE 1 FULL INCH APART FROM ANY OTHER PLATE. YOU ARE ALLOWED A ½” BEAD OF WELD ALL THE WAY AROUND EACH FIX IT PLATE. IT YOU WISH TO PUT THESE PLATES SIDE BY SIDE, OR DIRECTLY BEHIND ANOTHER PLATE, YOU MUST START THE PLATE 1 FULL INCH APART. THE WELDS MUST BE TWO SEPARATE ½” WELDS, NOT OVERLAPPING OR BRIDGE WELDING.
- Any year car, no imperials. PRE RAN CARS ARE PERMITTED HOWEVER THEY DO NOT RECEIVE ANY ADDITIONAL FIX IT PLATES NOR DO THEY GET ANY WIRE OR BANDING
- Any motor and transmission. Transmission cooler permitted in cockpit tightly secured.
- FULL CRADLES PERMITTED. SOLID MOTOR MOUNTS PERMITTED
- Transmission crossmember may be a max of 2″x 2″ 1/4″ tubing connected to frame by 1/4″ 4″x 6″ angle A MAX OF 6 INCHES LONG. You MAY NOT put the crossmember through the frame in any fashion.
- TRANSMISSION CROSSMEMBER MUST REMAIN A SINGLE BAR, NO GUSSETS, NO BELLY BARS OF GUSSETS. TRANSMISSION MAY HAVE STEEL BELL, STEEL TAIL SHAFT AND MAY HAVE
TRANSMISSION BRACE WITH SOLID TRANNY MOUNT CONNECTED TO
- Slider driveshaft permitted
- ANY REAR, BRACING ALLOWED. NO BRACING MAY ATTACH TO BODY, FRAME OR
PACKAGE TRAY AND CANNOT STRENGTHEN CAR IN ANY WAY. NO BUMP STOPS ON REAR
- Wheels and Tires
- Any ROUND tire may be doubled.
- Full wheel centers permitted, valve stem protectors allowed may not extend out past the wheel further than 1″. lip protectors, FULL beadlocks ARE PERMITTED, SOLID WHEELS PERMITTED
- Wheels may be spaced 1/2″ with additional center.
- Both front and back bumpers may be any bumper MEETING THE SPECIFICATIONS STATED BELOW
- No sharp edges, End caps permitted.
- May be seam welded
- HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING
SPECIFICATIONS. MUST NOT EXCEED 8″X 8″. IF IT HAS A POINT THE POINT MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4″ FROM FLAT FRONT OF BUMPER. NEW….. FLAT BACK OF BUMPER TO FURTHERMOST POINT OF BUMPER CAN BE A MAX OF 12” MEANING 8” THICK BUMPER 4” POINT. IF THE BUMPER IS 6”X 6”OR LESS YOU STILL CANNOT EXCEED 4” POINT FROM FRONT FLAT OF BUMPER. NO EXEMPTIONS. POINT MUST TAPER OVER 32″. Bumpers cannot be sleeved around frame OR built around frame. Bumper must be built from flush mounting SURFACE forward, not backward around frame.
- CHRYSLER POINTY REPLICAS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA. MAX OF 8” POINT . POINT MUST TAPER OVER 32”.
- Bumper mounting: you may use a 2″X 2″ x 12″ x 3/8″ SQUARE TUBING OR A 4″ X 12″ 3/8″ thick plate on outside of frame Measurement for frame plate starts at the end of the frame. Plate can be on outside of frame, top ,bottom ,left or right. TEEPEE PLATES ARE PERMITTED, NO LOADING OF THE CONTOUR.
- Measurement of plate from back of bumper with straight edge
- Bumpers may not be lower than 14″ or higher than 22″. Measurement taken from bottom of bumper. WAGONS, FRAME RAILS CANNOT BE LOWER THAN 12” NO MATTER POSITION OF REAR BUMPER.
03 AND NEWER
All 03 and newer cars must use a factory aluminum engine cradle and an OEM STYLE steering rack. Tie rods may be reinforced. These are the only restrictions for 03 and newer cars. All other rules apply. ( HD RACKS, TRUCK RACKS ARE APPROVED, BUT MUST BE DIRECT BOLT WITHOUT MODIFICATIONS.)
*If choosing to swap a 80s style body onto a 03 and newer frame, the car will be inspected as a 03 and newer and above rules will apply.
You may use an approved (by Deadman Derby) bolt in only piece for engine mounting purposes. Smith metal works style is approved. CATSKILL APPROVE. ( MUST BE A PART IN CIRCULATION IN MASS AVAILABILITY TO PUBLIC) All others must be or approved. No welding piece in.
NO AFTERMARKET COIL SPRINGS, NO WELDING IN THE COIL POCKET
- Cars do not have to bounce
- Rear suspension may be 1″ all thread. 3” MAX WASHERS
- Coils may be welded to the rear and banded to the body in one spot.
- NO LEAF SPRING CONVERSIONS
- NO AFTERMARKET A ARMS
- Front suspension may be solid. Upper A arm may be contoured to frame and may be welded either with a single pass 4″ bead 1 per side or use a 4″ x 4″ max A ARM to frame on each side.(2 per A arm)
- A Arms may be swapped OEM to OEM. Ball joints MAY BE AFTERMARKET AND may be welded in. Spindles OEM to OEM, NO aftermarket spindles, Nothing on top of coil, or coil pocket other than 3” washer on all thread, no aftermarket front coil springs
- NO MOVING OF A ARM FRAME BRACKETS. MUST ME IN STOCK CONFIGURATION AND PLACEMENT.
- Front shock can be 1″ all thread. 3” MAX WASHERS
- Sway bar must be bolted to the lower control arm and may be attached to the frame with a piece of 2×2 tubing no more than 4” long tubing may be welded to frame, ½ BEAD OF WELD MAX
- No chains on suspension anywhere
- Watts link kits are permitted. If using a watts link aftermarket or homemade it must bolt to the package tray utilizing only 1/2″ maximum bolts. You MAY NOT, bolt through the package tray to the body. NO WELDING TO PACKAGE TRAY. Watts link uppers must be two separate pieces. Lowers may be a max of 2”x3”x 1/4″ cut for desired pinion angle and mounted in one fashion. A bracket on the inside of the frame may be welded but lower trailing arm must bolt to that bracket. LOWER trailing arm CANNOT BE WELDED IN ANY FASHION. WATTS LINK KIT CAN ONLY BE BOLTED TO PACKAGE TRAY NO WELDING (IMPACT KITS, TOAST KITS ARE ARRPOVED)
- Leaf Sprung Wagons and Sedans: No aftermarket leaf packs, no flat stacking or flip flopping leafs. No springs on top of main spring. 9 leafs maximum, 3/8” maximum thickness, 2″ stair step AND STAGGER, 4 clamps per LEAF PACK. Clamps maximum of 1/4” thickness 2″ max width and bolted with 3/8″ bolts. LEAF SPRINGS CANNOT BE ON TOP OF REAR END IN ANY FASHION.
- Steering boxes must be mounted at factory location, however you may utilize an aftermarket adapter plate if you prefer to change steering box OEM to OEM between manufactures. ADAPTER CANNOT BE USED TO STRENGTHEN FRAME.
- TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. AFTERMARKET PERMITTED. HEIM JOINTS
PERMITTED. 03 AND NEWER MUST UTILIZE OEM STEERING RACK
- Aftermarket steering columns permitted.
- Center link must remain factory
- NO HYDRAULIC STEERING
- SEAM WELDING FIREWALL FORWARD IS PERMITTED. TOP SEAM ONLY. NO OTHER SEAMS MAY BE WELDED Any other seam welding on the frame no matter the length will automatically get you loaded
- IF YOU NEED TO CLIP A FRAME YOU MUST OBTAIN APPROVAL FIRST OR IT WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
- TILTING PERMITTED. YOU MAY TILT IN ONE SPOT PER RAIL ONLY NO EXCEPTIONS. ½” BEAD OF WELD WHEN REWELDING TILTED AREA. NO ADDING METAL TO TILT.
- NO PLATING, NO STUFFING OR PINNING an ultrasound will be utilized to measure
- Rear frame may be dimpled or cut for rolling. ALL CARS….REAR FRAME RAILS MUST BE AT MINIMUM 12” FROM GROUND.
- You may shorten the front frame, FRAME MUST REMAIN 20” FROM FRONT OF COIL POCKET ON BOTTOM OF FRAME FORWARD, TAKE MEASUREMENT WITH TAPE MEASURE HOOKED IN FRONT MOST PART OF COIL POCKET. ON 03 AND NEWER MEASUREMENT WILL BE FROM THE FRONT CRADLE MOUNTING BOLT FORWARD ON TOP OF FRAME
- A 22″ X 6″ X 3/8″ MAX HUMP PLATE IS PERMITTED ON THE OUTSIDE OF FRAME CLOSEST TO WHEEL. Hump plates must be between the body mount in front of the arch and the body mount behind the arch. You choose the exact location Leaf sprung sedans and wagons get an 11’ x 6” X 3/8” HUMP PLATE BUT IT MUST BE CENTERED IN HUMP. METRIC GMS GET A 30” HUMP PLATE……
- No painting or undercoating on frames. No putty.
- You may swap frames but the car will be inspected based on make model and year of frame.
- All body mounts may be changed to 5/8″ BOLTS. BODY BOLTS MAY ONLY PASS THROUGH THE TOP OF FRAME AND BODY. MAX OF 3” WASHERS.
- A 1″ MINIMUM space must be maintained at all times. This may be achieved utilizing any of the
following: solid, OEM , Hockey pucks
- Boxes are limited to 4″ space. Core supports a MAX space of 8″. Core support spacers only, may be welded TO THE FRAME TOP OR SIDE BUT MUST REMAIN STRAIGHT UP AN DOWN SPACER NO BIGGER THAN 2” BOX TUBING.
- IF A CAR IS SHORTENED TO 20” AND THECORE SUPPORT PEDASTAL NEEDS REPOSITIONED… HERE IS THE ONLY WAY IT CAN BE. CUT THE FACTORY PEDASTAL OFF, WELD YOU 2”X2” MAX CORE SUPPORT SPACER TO THE SIDE OF THE FRAME DIRECTLY BEHIND THE BUMPER. THE CORE SUPPORT SPLACER WILL STILL BE LIMITED TO A MAX OF 8” TALL.
- Rust repair is limited, ALL MUST BE PRE-APPROVED.
- The Driver’s door AND FRONT PASSENGER DOOR may be welded solid and you may have full door skin 1/4″ max overlapping no more than 6” on either side of door. DOOR SKIN NOT PERMITTED ON REAR DOORS No protruding metal or rails outside drivers door.
- All other door seams may be welded in a 5″ on 5″ off fashion. Outside seem only
- Trunk 5″ on 5″ off
- Trunks may be dished or canoed. A 2″ space must remain from trunk floor to trunk lid.
Measurement will be taken from lowest point of lid and highest point of trunk if beat up.
YOU MAY ONLY USE AN OEM TRUNK LID NO HOODS. SPEAKER DECK MAY BE REMOVED, ON ALL CARS YOU MAY ADD 2 PIECES OF 1” ALL THREAD IN THE TRUNK WITH NO MORE THAN 4” WELDED TO THE FRAME AND NO MORE THAN 3 NUTS ON EACH PIECE NO BIGGER THAN A 3”X 3” WASHER WELDED TO DECKLID. THIS ALL THREAD CANNOT EXTEND THROUGH THE TRUNK GREATER THAN 6”.
- Mandatory: 2 10″ holes one per side of trunk lid for inspection . Holes may be bolted with 3/8″ bolts in 10 spots.
- Trunk may be tucked
- Hood: May be secured in 6 Spots. Can be chained or bolted. If bolted you may only do so in the following fashion: Angle 2″ x 2″ maximum of 1/2″ bolts.1 BOLT PER SPOT. NO NINE WIRING HOODS. FRONT CORE SUPPORT MAY BE USED AS 2 SPOTS UP TO 1″ ALL THREAD. ALL THREAD MAY NOT RUN THROUGH FRAME RAIL. MAX OF 3″ WASHERS.
- A minimum of 2 12″ holes must be cut. Holes may be bolted with a maximum of 3/8″ bolts and a max total of 16.
- Fenders may be cut and rolled for clearance and welded back together or bolted a max of 8 times with 3/8″ max bolts or 8-1” welds
- All fenders and body lines may be creased both horizontal and vertical. Be creative.
However, side rear fenders must remain upright, not beat down. You may not alter the trunk floor in any fashion other than pushing the center up in order to gain clearance
- Expanded metal Permitted at core support for radiator protection ¼” THICKNESS MAX. Partial or full radiator protectors ARE PERMITTED. Water only in the Radiator.
- No wedging
- Speaker Deck may be removed or beat down. No rewelding of speaker deck in new
- Roof sign Mandatory for Identification
- no additional nine wire, banding, chain or cord allowed other than specified
- Four point “floating cage” Dash bar, rear seat bar two side rails. In addition to side rails a center bar from rear bar to dash bar. ALL CAGE MUST REMAIN INSIDE COCKPIT
- Dash bar must remain 5″ from the firewall. All cage components must remain 5” off the floor except for tank protector and down legs. Side bars cannot extend beyond 10” OF FRONT DOOR SEAM NOTHING OTHER THAN SIDE BARS MAY BE PAST THE DASH BAR
- Cage may be gusseted at corners.
- ON DRIVERS SIDE AND PASSENGERS SIDE… 2 ON EACH SIDE BETWEEN DASH BAR AND NO FARTHER BACK THAN
REAR SEAT BAR FOR DRIVER PROTECTION OR EQUIPMENT MOUNTED ON FLOOR PROTECTION. THESE BARS MUST BE PLACED BEHIND DASH BAR AND MUST RUN FROM SIDE BAR STRAIGHT DONW NO ANGLING TO EITHER THE BODY OF WELDED TO THE TOP OF THE FRAME. DOWN LEGS CAN BE NO BIGGER THAN 2”X2” TUBING
- A gas tank protector is permitted. No Wider than 32″. Gas tank protectors may butt up against the package tray and MAY HAVE TWO ½” BOLTS THROUGH THE PACKING TRAY
- Gas tank protectors may have two diagonal rails to halo or rear seat bar BELOW WINDOW.
- Halo bars recommended. Halo may be bolted to the roof.
- From the halo bar a front bar may be used and can connect to the dash bar and welded. Rear window bar. Limit of 2×2 1/4″ from halo to speaker deck. a 5”X5″ plate is permitted at the bottom of the rear bar and may overlap and be welded to the trunk lid. This plate must coincide with the 5 on 5 off rule.
- MAXIMUM SIZE OF CAGE MATERIAL IS 6” MATERIAL
- NO SHORTENING OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel. Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. 3 inch maximum washers. Body bolts may only pass through the top of the frame
- ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS> MUST BE AFTERMARKET PRESSURE TESTED FUEL CELL
- For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say you can do it. It is NOT PERMITTED.If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only
drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!
Jacob Gilliam 614-315-7468. Please do not call or text after 9 pm eastern time.
DURING BUSINESS HOURS 9-5 JACOB IS BEST AVAILABLE THROUGH TEXT AND AFTER FIVE VIA PHONE CALL. FOR MULTIPLE QUESTIONS PLEASE ALWAYS CALL.