ALL RUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED AND MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS: A MAXIMUM OF 16-18GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY.RUSTED AREA MUST BE CUT OUT NOT PATCHED OVER. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
1.NO IMPERIALS< CHECKERED CABS HEARSES OR SPECIALTY VEHICHLES
2. PRE- RUN CARS WILL BE ALLOWED: However, pre run cars will not receive any additional wire, plates or banding. In addition, pre run cars must conform to new rule changes.
3. No plating of frame outside of DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE SEE BELOW. An ultrasound will be used to measure thickness of suspected areas. If found plated, that car will be automatically disqualified. This includes loading of frames.
4. No spray foam or other materials inside the frame.
DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE RULE.
EACH CAR WILL BE ALLOWED 4, 4″ X 4″ X 1/4″ maximum PLATES ANYWHERE ON OUTSIDE OF FRAME. MUST BE PAINTED RED. NO internal frame GUSSETTING, ALLOWED TO ATTACH FRAME TO BODY. ABSOLUTELY NO ATTACHING OF PLATES TO THE CAGE. PLATES MUST REMAIN IN TACT BUT MAY BE MANIPULATED BY HEATING BENDING TO CONTOUR FRAME. YOU ARE ALLOWED 4 OVER THE COURSE OF THE EVENT. YOU PROVIDE YOUR OWN PLATES. IF YOU ARE CHOOSING TO WELD PLATES AFTER HEAT, LOOSE PLATES MUST BE APPROVED AT TECH. YOU DECIDE WHETHER YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT ALL 4 ON PRIOR TO HEAT, AFTER HEAT, 2 BEFORE 2 AFTER…. YOUR CHOICE… YOU DIG YOUR OWN GRAVE. PLATES MAY NOT BE MOVED ONCE THEY ARE ATTACHED. WHERE YOU PUT THEM IS WHERE THEY STAY.
03 AND NEWER
All 03 and newer cars must use a factory aluminum engine cradle and steering rack.
THIS MEANS THE OEM RACK AND CRADLE, NO AFTERMARKET AND NO TRUCK SWAPS OR OTHER OEM SWAPS. OEM FOR 03 AND NEWER ONLY WILL BE ALLOWED.
03 AND NEWER FOMOCO CARS MAY TILT OR SHORTEN front frame in accordance to frame shortening rule below. ONE OR THE OTHER, NOT BOTH. You can shorten or tilt. Reminder that all cars Must tilt at the firewall. No exceptions.
You may use an approved (by Deadman Derby) bolt in only piece for engine mounting purposes. Smith metal works style is approved. All others must be or approved. No welding piece in.
1. Any motor and transmission NO STEEL BELL HOUSINGS, Ultra Bells are permitted. NO Steel tailshafts. Transmission cooler permitted in cockpit tightly secured.
2. A basic 1/2″ max lower cradle front plate and pulley protector permitted. NO DP, no midplate, no halo, no trans brace
3. Solid motor mounts permitted, mounts may be spaced 1/2″ max to gain clearance of center link. Motor mount plates cannot exceed 8×8” and cannot tie into frame rails. These are for mounting purposes only. Abuse it you lose it
4. Factory rubber transmission mount only. NO SOLID MOUNT. Transmission crossmember may be a max of 2″x 2″ 1/4″ tubing connected to the frame by 1/4″ 4″x 4” angle 6” long. You MAY NOT put the crossmember through the frame in any fashion. ONE CROSSMEMBER PER CAR..
5. Slider driveshaft permitted
6. Any 5 or 8 lug rear
Nothing with bracing may attach to the package tray or body. Axel savers and pinion brake permitted. REAR END BRACING CANNOT STRENGTHEN THE CAR IN ANY FASHION. THIS INCLUDES SETTING IT UP TO STRENGTHEN THE CAR ONCE IT BENDS. No frame bump stops permitted.
7. You do not have to bolt you transmission to crossmember ( however this is the only thing that it could be bolted to) If you desire to not bolt it to the crossmember you may wrap a chain around tail shaft and cross member (one loop, one bolt or you can weld 2 total links to crossmember)
Wheels and Tires
1. ANY TIRE, ANY WHEEL, may be doubled. May only be filled with air, no FOAM
2. Full wheel centers permitted, valve stem protectors allowed may not extend out past THE VALVE STEM further than 1″past the valve stem. LIP PROTECTORS ARE ALLOWED ( this is changed from 2020, no beadlocks.
3. Wheels may be spaced 1/2″ with additional center.
4. No external rubber or other material on the outside to protect the tire.
1. Both front and back bumpers may be any OEM bumper LOADED. All bumper loading must be performed inside the bumper with the exception of the backing may be exposed for flush mounting purposes.
2. No sharp edges, End caps permitted.
3. May be seam welded
4. HOMEMADE BUMPERS ARE PERMITTED BUT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING SPECIFICATIONS. MUST NOT EXCEED 8″X 8″. IF IT HAS A POINT THE POINT MAY NOT EXTEND MORE THAN 4″ FROM FLAT FRONT OF BUMPER. POINT MUST TAPER OVER32″. Homemade Points that step out then taper over 32” will not be allowed. BUMPERS MAY NOT BE SLEEVED AROUND FRAME RAIL. BUMPERS MAY NOT BE BUILT BACKWARDS AROUND RAIL. BUMPERS MUST START AT FLUSH MOUNTING POINT AND BE BUILT FORWARD.
Bumper mounting for front and back bumpers
5. Bumper mounting OPTION 1: you may use a 4″ x 12″ x 3/8″ thick plate on outside of frame.
This bumper mounting plate must attach to back of bumper and may extend 12” back the frame. The plate measurement will be taken with straight edge 12” not a contoured 12”. Bumper mounting plate may be positioned on one of the four outside portions of frame. Left right top or bottom.
Option 2: Utilizing and factory bumper shock and brackets. If doing so you lose the 4” x 12” x 3/8” thick plate. Therefore, the shock may be collapsed and welded solid, shock may be welded to bracket, and the bracket may be welded to the frame 12’ on top seam, 12” on bottom seam and plug welded. The shocks and brackets may only be placed on frame on the portion of frame facing wheel. The outside side portion of rails.
6. Bumpers may not be lower than 14″s or higher than 22″. Measurement taken from bottom of bumper.
7. Rear bumper mounting: May be mounted directly to the rear frame rail with a 6×6 inch plate or you may utilize front mounting rules
8. Front- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around bumper one time and around core support. ONE LOOP. No criss crossing of strands. Cannot go through the hood.
Rear- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around rear bumper and then through the trunk lid. Where it goes through the trunk lid can be no father forward than half the of trunk lid. No criss crossing strands
on the rear bumper.
1. Cars do not have to bounce
2. Rear suspension may be 1″ all thread.
3. Coils may be welded to the rear and banded to the body in one spot.
4. NO LEAF SPRING CONVERSIONS
5. Leaf Sprung Wagons and Sedans: No aftermarket leaf packs, no flat stacking or flip flopping leafs. No springs on top of main spring. 9 leafs maximum, 5/16″ maximum thickness, 2″ stair step AND STAGGER, 4 clamps per LEAF PACK. Clamps maximum of 1/4” thickness 2″ max width and bolted with 3/8″ bolts. Leaf packs connot be on top of the rear.
6. Front suspension may be solid. Upper A arm may be contoured to frame and may be welded either with a single pass 4″ bead 1 per side or use a 4″ x 4″ max flat plate A ARM to frame on each side. (2 per A arm)
7. A Arms may be swapped OEM to OEM. Ball joints MAY BE AFTERMARKET SCREW INS OR OEM SWAPPED AND may be welded in. Big PIN style are approved. Spindles OEM to OEM, NO aftermarket spindles NO GM LIFT SPINDLES
8. Front shock can be 1″ all thread. Must be in the factory location.
9. Sway bar may be bolted to the lower arm. CANNOT BE WELDED ANYWHERE
10. Humps may be chained around rear one spot per side, may weld one link to frame for attachment or wrap chain around frame and bolt it together, May not do both. 3/8” MAX CHAIN
11. Watts link kits are permitted. If using a watts link aftermarket or homemade it must bolt to the package tray utilizing only 1/2″ maximum bolts. You MAY NOT bolt through the package tray to the body. NO WELDING TO PACKAGE TRAY. Watts link uppers must be two separate pieces bolted together. Lowers may be a max of 2″ x 2″ 1/4″ square cut for desired pinion angle and mounted in one fashion. A bracket on the inside of the frame may be welded but lower 2”×2” must bolt to that bracket. LOWER CANNOT BE WELDED IN ANY FASHION.
Upper watts link uppers cannot exceed 8”x8”, lower brackets can be a max of 3”x3” x 3/8” thick and 6 inches long.
1. Steering boxes must be mounted at factory location,however you may utilize an aftermarket adapter plate if you prefer to change steering box OEM to OEM between manufactures.
2. TIE RODS MAY BE REINFORCED. Aftermarket tie rods that have the factory style ends with bushings and solid threaded center tub are permitted both budget and big pin. No heim joints must have factory style set up with ball joints.
3. Aftermarket steering columns permitted.
4. Center link must remain factory
5. No hydraulic steering
1. NO SEAM WELDING, INCLUDING WHERE FACTORY MISSED.
2. ALL CARS MAY BE TILTED IN ONE SPOT PER SIDE. NO EXCESSIVE WELDS SINGLE PASS ½” BEAD DO NOT PUSH THIS. All cars must be tilted at the firewall no exCEptions. Call for clarification
3. NO PLATING, NO STUFFING OR PINNING an ultrasound will be utilized to measure frame thickness
4. Welding on frame should be limited to, Dig your own grave rule, hardnosing or BUMPER brackets, A Arm securing and watts link, hump plates and spot where car is tilted
5. Rear frame may be dimpled or cut for rolling
6. IF SHORTENING THE FRONT FRAME SECTION, A MINIMUM OF 20” OF FRAME MUST REMAIN. MEASUREMENT TAKEN FROM FRONT OF FACTORY COIL POCKET LOCATION TO THE BACK OF THE BUMPER.
03 AND NEWER MAY SHORTEN IF NOT TILTING- 03 AND NEWER MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF 20” OF FRAME MEASURED FROM FURTHERMOST FORWARD CRADLE MOUNT BUSHING TO BACK OF BUMPER.
7. Coil spring cars may have a 22”x6”x3/8” hump plate, Metric GMs get 30” x 6”x 3/8 hump plate. plate must be on the outside of frame facing the wheel and must be clear of any rear end bracing by 3”. Plate must be located between the body mount immediately in front of the rear arch and the body mount immediately behind the rear arch. We are letting you choose the exact location inside of those parameters.
8.Leaf spring cars may have an 11” hump plate it MUST be centered in the hump
9. No painting or undercoating on frames. No putty.
10. All body mounts may be changed to 5/8″ BOLTS
11. A 1″ MINIMUM space must be maintained at all timesbetween body and frame with exception of core support and firewall. Core support spacer can be a max of 12” and may be welded to the frame in its OEM location. Example fords the core support spacer must be on pedestal. If your car has an OEM positional that causes a conflict please call to gain clarification on where we want it located.
THE CRUSH BOX OR FIREWALL MOUNTS MAY BE A MAX OF 2”. This may be achieved utilizing any of the following: solid, OEM , Hockey pucks. Body mounts cannot be welded to frame.
12. Core support spacer may be welded to frame and bottom of core support only. The core support spacer can only run from top of frame to bottom of core support. No sleeving of all thread.
13. Rust repair is limited, ALL MUST BE PRE-APPROVED.
1. The Driver’s door may be welded solid and you may have full door skin 1/4″ max overlapping no more than 2 inches of seam. No protruding metal or rails outside the driver’s door.
2. All other door seams may be welded in a 5″ on 5″ max of 5”x5” x1/4” flat plate off fashion. Outside seem only
3. Trunk 5″ on 5″ off (5” x 5”x ¼” flat plate max)
4. trunk may be dished or canoed. A 2″ space must remain from trunk floor to trunk lid.
Measurement will be taken from lowest point of lid and highest point of trunk if beat up.
5. Mandatory: 2 10″ holes one per side of trunk lid for inspection. Holes may be bolted with 3/8″ bolts in 10 spots but must be within 3” of hole
6. Trunk may be tucked
7. Hood: May be secured in 6 Spots. Can be chained or bolted. If bolted you may only do so in the following fashion: Angle 2″ x 2″x 6” long maximum of 1/2″ bolts. 2 bolts per angle max.
NO NINE WIRING HOODS.
FRONT CORE SUPPORT MAY BE USED AS 2 SPOTS UP TO 1″ ALL THREAD. ALL THREAD MAY RUN THROUGH FRAME RAIL if that was the factory oem position of body mount. Example BOP GMs MAX OF 3″ WASHERS.
8. A minimum of 2 12″ holes must be cut. Holes may be bolted with a maximum of 3/8″ bolts and a max total of 16.
9. Fenders may be cut and rolled for clearance and welded back together WITH A TOTAL OF 8 1” WELDS or bolted IN a max of 8 times with 3/8″ max bolts.
10. All fenders and body lines may be creased both horizontal and vertical. Be creative.
However, side rear fenders must remain upright in factory location, not beat down
11. Expanded metal Permitted at core support for radiator protection. NO Partial or full radiator protectors. Water only in the Radiator.
12. No wedging
13. Speaker Deck may be removed or beat down. No re-welding of the speaker deck in new locations.
14. Roof sign Mandatory for Identification
15. no additional nine wire, banding, chain or cord allowed other than specified.
NO SHORTENING OF REAR OF BODY IN ANY FASHION, NO WRAPPING FENDERS, they must remain upright and parallel.
Body mounts must be utilized in factory locations. 3 inchmaximum washers. Body bolts may only pass through top side of frame.
1. Four point “floating cage” Dash bar, rear seat bar two side rails. In addition to side rails a center bar from rear bar to dash bar. This is an internal cockpit. door skin to door skin and firewall to packing tray is considered the internal cockpit
2. Dash bar must remain 5” from firewall, side bars may not extend past the firewall, no cage components may be past the dash bar with the exception of the side bars. Side bars cannot be angled or turned in, must remain straight. All cage components must remain 5” off of the floor (this includes the transmission tunnel) with the only exception being down bars and tank protector
3. Cage may be gusseted at corners. No vertical gussets, all gussets must run horizontal parallel to the floor.
4. Each car may have two vertical down bars they must be between the front door seams and may only attach to the side bars AND TO BODY FLOOR. Down bar cannot be tied into body mount in any fashion. Down bar must follow all other cage rules
5. A gas tank protector is permitted. No Wider than 32″. Gas tank protectors may be tight to the floor and have two ½” bolts through the packing tray. Tank protector must be centered in the car.
Cars without a packing tray may have a single piece of 2”x2” tubing going straight back to the front of the hump on each side. Floor sheet metal must remain in between the 2”x2” and the frame no welding or bolting of these pieces. THIS SINGLE BAR CANNOT BE GUSSETTED IN ANY FASHION
6. Gas tank protectors may have two diagonal rails to halo or rear seat bar BELOW WINDOW. BELOW WINDOW MEANING YOU CANNOT SEE IT FROM STANDING OUTSIDE THE CAR
7. Halo bars recommended. Halo may be bolted to the roof IN 2 SPOTS
8. From halo bar a front bar may be use and can connect to the dash bar and welded. Front bar may be bolted to roof in two spots. Front bar can attach to cowl or dash bar but cannot be in front of dash bar
9. Rear window bar. Limit of 2×2 1/4″ SQUARE STOCK from halo to speaker deck with a 5”x5″ flat plate on both ends bottom plate must coincide with the 5 on 5 off rule.
10. MAXIMUM THICKNESS OF CAGE MATERIAL 4″X 4″ OR 2″X 6′
No water boxes, OEM or Aluminum Rads permitted
For your convenience and ours, please remain within rules. These rules are set to allow for some creativity but not to be abused. If it does not say directly you can do it, It is NOT
ABSOLUTELY NO PLASTIC FUEL CELLS. ABSOLUTELY NO OEM OR OEM REPLACEMENT TANKS. MUST BE AN AFTERMARKT PRESSURE TESTED TANK.
If you have questions or concerns please call first. 2 attempts only
drivers. All cars will be on a level playing field. Good luck!
RULES QUESTIONS AND INTERPRETATIONS CALL JACOB GILLIAM 614-315-7468. Please do not call or text after 9 pm eastern time.