The rules below are not guidelines, this is a street stock event meaning that all unspecified areas of car building below are required to remain OEM as intended from manufacture in regards to material, placement and structural integrity of both frame/unibody and body panels.
ANY BODY SEAM WELDING( outside of what is clearly outline in rules) WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD, YOU WILL NOT BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO FIX THIS AT THE DERBY.
ANY FRAME SEAM WELDING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS OUTLINED IN THESE RULES WILL AUTOMATICALLY GET YOU LOADED
ANY FRAME PLATING OUTSIDE OF WHAT IS STATED IN RULES WILL BE AN AUTOMATIC LOAD
ALLRUST REPAIR MUST BE PRE-APPROVED OR MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
A MAXIMUM OF 18-20 GAUGE SHEET METAL OR OEM FLOOR MAY BE USED. MAY OVERLAP PAST RUSTED AREA 1-INCH ONLY. RUST REPAIR IS MEANT TO RESTORE CAR TO OEM, NOT STRENGTHEN. IF DEEMED EXCESSIVE IT WILL BE REMOVED.
No fix it plates
1.This class is for FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS ONLY maximum of 113” wheelbase
2.Cars must remain stock unless specified in these rules
3.Aside from dash and front seats, interior must be stripped entirely. MUST remove air bags and the charges. Do not just set them off remove them.
4. Simple wiring harness allowed. Hard wiring factory fan is permitted. Tranny coolers permitted. no oil coolers.
5. All doors may be wired or chained 8 spots per door max. IF WIRING YOU MAY WELD 1” HOLED WASHERS FOR WIRE TO RUN THROUGH. drivers door and passenger door may be welded solid or may have 1/8″ door plate for safety.
6.Deck lids may be wired or chained in 8 spots max. IF WIRING YOU MAY WELD 1” HOLED WASHERS FOR WIRE TO RUN THROUGH. You may tuck trunk in 90 degrees. Wiring can go to floor in spare tire area but cannot wrap around frame. Spots of wire or chain must be distinct 8 separate spots, no intertwining spots.
7.Hood may be wired in 8 spots max. IF WIRING YOU MAY WELD 1” HOLED WASHERS FOR WIRE TO RUN THROUGH. Sheet metal of hood to sheet metal of fender only
8. Absolutely No creasing or wedging on rear of car
9. You may shorten to the furthermost forward part of the core support. No moving the core support. Do not push this
10. BUMPERS: A SMW light flat, A robinson, DEC equivalent are permitted. As an alternative, any 80’s chrome bumper. No seam welding, no loading
You may have a 6”x6” plate flat to front of frame for mounting purposes. you may not add shocks to a car that doesn’t come factory with bumper shocks. All cars that came with a bumper shock must keep the factory shock in the factory manner. 1 (PER RAIL) 4” X 4” ¼” PLATE MAY BE USED ON THE TOP OR OUTSIDE WHEEL FACING FRAME TO ATTACH BUMPER TO FRAME
Front- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around bumper one time and around core support. ONE LOOP. No crisscrossing of strands. Cannot go through the hood.
Rear- 2 strands of double braided nine wire may go around rear bumper and then through the trunk lid. Where it goes through the trunk lid can be no father forward than half the of trunk lid. No criss crossing strands
11.You may have 2 spots of 9 wire in the windshield area
12.Battery may be moved to inside of car but does not have to be. It is STRONGLY recommended that if battery is under the hood, it must be spray foamed in place. If moved to the cockpit of car, no wood battery boxes, must be secured tight and a steel battery box is recommended.
13.If gas tank is in front of rear axle, it is recommended that it be left in the factory position under the car
14.If gas tank is moved from under the car it must be replaced with a METAL tank in the rear seat/rear floor board area. Tank must be mounted securely to floor. You may not use ratchet straps to secure tank. You may NOT mount a factory tank inside the car. Any fuel system we feel is unsafe will not be allowed to run.
15.Tires may be doubled and tubed any tire allowed no bead locks or rim protectors of any kind. Nothing may be welded to wheel
16. A 4 point cage is permitted max size bars 4×4 or 2×6. side bars cannot exceed rear kick panel. Gas tank protector must be 8″ from packing tray. a halo straight up from side bars and across roof is permitted.
At minimum You may run a seat bar. No larger than 4″x4″, from B pillar to B pillar. If needed to accommodate drivers seat, you may use one 8″x12″1/4″ plate welded to each B pillar to weld bar to, so that seat may be slide back. If you prefer to have the gas tank suspended off the rear sea bar it is permitted but there must be at least 8” between rear sheet metal in packing tray and gas tank. No full gas tank protectors.
17. Aftermarket shifters are permitted but must be bolted to the floor.
18. headers are permitted
19. Spring risers are permitted
20. Any front or rear tires and wheels but no beadlocks.
CARS MUST REMAIN STOCK UNLESS STATED IN THESE RULES
ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
Any Questions please call TJ McCullough 301-707-6870